Flaps and 18mz

• I have the flaps assigned two to different channels and mapped to two different outputs on the Mercury. However, when I plugged in my wings tonight to check the ailerons and flap movements (I've just switched from a twin receiver set up), the flap setting in my transmitter only seems to drive the position of both servos. If I adjust the percentages for the up/down position, the settings for Flap L in the transmitter drive both servos.

When I went through the set up assistant, the names for these channels were assigned as FlapL and FlapR. Is the Mercury automatically linking these two outputs together?

If I want to drive them separately, do I need to change the mapping to a "DIRECT" channel?

I've never used the servo matching before, so I'm not 100% sure how this works so at this time I'd prefer to have control of each flap back at the TX.

I hope I've made my problem clear?

Simon

• Hello,
    normally the assistant should detect 2 channels- did you check it? If it registers only one channel, then you can match them up with the servo matching.

Second option, as you mentioned: select them as "Direct" channel, then do everything with your transmitter.

• They are set up on different channels and mapped to different outputs, but I can't remember if the set up assistant registered them individually. With everything plugged in, I don't really want to disconnect all the servos and run the assistant again, so I will try the direct setting first.

Thank you for your quick response.

Simon