IBEC? Can you use the Receiver Battery

• Hello,

generally - never use the receiver packs to power the ignition. This will cause interference problems.
    The SparkSwitch is design to seperate the ignition circuit and receiver circuit. The seperation is done by an optocoupler.

• Quote from "Richard Deutsch"

Hello,

yes exactly- but the SparkSwitch is regulating the output to 5.9V. Both circuits have no connection.

Is this the same on the powerBox Smokepump? Power circuit from the separete LiPo 7.4 V and the on/off control by the receiver 5.9 V ? :?:

• Quote from "Richard Deutsch"

Hello,

in the smokepump the circuits are not physical seperated. But correct: pump can run with 7.4V seperate battery

ok. i use 7.4 V for the power for the pump, but my receiver works on 5.9 V circuit, that mean, the output from the receiver to the pump is based on a circuit of 5.9 V. I sthere a problem between the power for the pump of 7.4 V and the controll circuit (on/off the pump) from the receiver 5.9 V ?

• Quote from "commandante73"

ok. i use 7.4 V for the power for the pump, but my receiver works on 5.9 V circuit, that mean, the output from the receiver to the pump is based on a circuit of 5.9 V. I sthere a problem between the power for the pump of 7.4 V and the controll circuit (on/off the pump) from the receiver 5.9 V ?

that means, that the input power can be 7.4 V (from the LiPo) and the command for on/off from the receiver can be 5.9 V ?

• Hi Richards,

I am using 2 batteries 7.4Volts with Hight Voltage Receivers and Servos. I have 7.4V SparkSwitch. Can I supply the power to Sparkswitch directly from the Powerbox Competition SrS to save the weight of additional ignition battery? And would that be safe?