Futaba 7008 and powerbus on royal

• Richard, is there any known problems with the Futaba 7008 firmware when using this RX with the Royal and the power bus/sbus output. The reason I ask is because I know of 2 models lost on maiden flights when they experienced a lack of control but did show any evidence of loss of signal or fail safe. Myself I use the 7008 and 7003 for along time in about ten different airplanes and power box products without any problems. Now I consider using the Royal with the power bus system with SBUS servos, and power bus wiring. I cant get an answer from Futaba or there Reps as to whether or not there is a newer firmware for the 7008. Any information would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Don DeSandre

• Hi Richard, Alex,

Could you share these files with me as well? I have two Royal SRS, one which I have been flying with SBUS/PowerBUS and R7008SB RXs. The only issue I've seen is sometimes when I turn the plane on some of the servos do not seem to respond, if I power cycle the system it seems to clear up and they work fine. I'm not sure if this is the same issue others are experiencing or something else, either way, I would like to ensure I minimize any risk, thanks in advance.

• Hi Richard, I have a PB Royal SRS with two Futaba RX R7008SB, TX is T18MZ. Sometimes I get 1600 antenna fades for each rx, 400 lost frames and one hold, sometimes 15-20 antenna fades, 3 lost frames and no hold. Could it be due to 7008 update? In this case, could you please share the updating files and the procedure to update the RX with me?

Thanks a lot in advance, kind regards.

Massimo Aita

• Hi I would like to get the update files as well. I have a pair of 7003sb and 7008sb receivers that I can use for this install. Do the 7003's suffer from the same issue as the 7008's?

Patrick

• Hi Richard

I have a new Champion SRS on order through Thunderbolt here in Canada. I just received 2 7008sb receivers from RC Japan last week, would these be in need of an update?

I believe there is absolutely no issue running the 6008's in my other Champion SRS, is this correct?

Also we are setting up Bob's Mercury ( your service for his ios bluecom was truly amazing) with 2 7008's. Do updates need to be done there? Not sure of the age of one of the receivers.

Kind regards
    Steve

• Hi Richard, not sure if you saw this post I made?

I have a new Champion SRS on order through Thunderbolt here in Canada. I just received 2 7008sb receivers from RC Japan last week, would these be in need of an update?

I believe there is absolutely no issue running the 6008's in my other Champion SRS, is this correct?

Also we are setting up Bob's Mercury ( your service for his ios bluecom was truly amazing) with 2 7008's. Do updates need to be done there? Not sure of the age of one of the receivers.

Kind regards
    Steve

• Hello,

I don´t know what software they actually have on the receivers. You can find it out just observing the lostframes- if they count up with the plane standing on a table you need to update.

The R6008 are without problems, also here- check the flight log data after the flight to see if it is good.

• Hi Richard,

I also have a pair of Futaba 7008 rx's connected to a Royal SRS, could you send me the file/information as well?
    Also, if I've read the other posts/forums correctly, I don't need to worry about the Futaba 7003 rx's or using either rx with the Mercury PE?

Thanks
    Gary