Flight Mode Switch Re-programming

• Hello Richard,

It seems the only ability to re-program the flight mode switch is to perform the full Setup Assistant process. This of course sets all parameters to defaults. Whilst it doesn't take long, it seems unnecessary to repeat other settings which need to be recorded or remembered.

Is there a good reason why the FM switch can't be re-programmed independently?

Regards

Dave

• Hello Richard,
    The gyro functions for each mode ...

I currently have it set for Rate, Attitude assist STD, & Attitude assist All. This is how I program my iGyro SRS units but it would be nice to have the option to change without starting again as I can on the iGyro

Regards
    Dave

• Richard,

I've checked today and the only options available in the menu for each control surface is to toggle between OFF and ATTITUDE Assist - i.e. it's not possible to change to RATE without completing the full Setup Assistant process.

Also having completed the Test Fly Assistant I have 100% gain and Airspeed Factor 4. No oscillations found at all in any axis. Is Airspeed Factor 4 the expected result for the Mercury?

Regards
    Dave

• Richard,

Thanks I understand that terminology, I just misunderstood your 'hook' reference.

However I still don't know how to switch from Attitude Assist mode to Rate mode for any axis/control without assigning Rate mode to one FM switch position when using the setup assistant.

Once out of the set up assistant, the menu just doesn't appear to give any options except OFF or Att Asst. If it's intentional it a bit limiting since once I'm happy with the gain, I want to set FM1 to Rate mode rather than OFF. I see no benefit in turning the gyro off at all in my aircraft.

Regards
    Dave

• Hello Dave,

the Ratemode is the normal gyro. If you want Heading on, Ratemode is also on. There is no Heading without rate mode.
    If you want manually set Rate mode to FM1, you have to transfer the gain values you have flow in the Testfly to FM1.