igyro SRS Test Fly Assistant

• Good Morning

We are planning to calibrate the igyro in our SRS box and have two questions.
    1. Page 19 of the manual states to set the flight mode to FM-2 or FM-3 and the gain to 0%. Then further states "go flying". Can we start this sequence after takeoff by switching to FM-2 or must it be done as part of the on ground process?
    2. We will not have any dual rates but we are wondering if we need to remove "exponential"?

Thanks
    Jack

• Hello,

after moving all sticks and pressing "Set-Button" you can start. You can training this on the ground. Every time you go into "Test-Fly-Assistant" your previous gain settings are removed.

Adjust the gyro first. When done and you feel the plane is a little inertial, then remove Expo step by step.

• Hi

Well Saturday is the big day. Final test flying will begin for the Tigercat. Our GYRO switch as set by the assistant is FM1 at bottom, FM2 in the middle and FM3 at the top. We would like to change to match other planes we fly so FM3 with 0% gain is at the bottom, FM1 or off is in the middle and FM2 is at the top. Is that possible within PowerBox?

Thanks

Jack

• Good Morning

Thanks for all of your assistance. One more question, which may be in the wrong category. We are using PowerBox switches for ignition control on Moki 180's, these are the ones with the lower voltage output for Moki's. We are controlling them with a two position switch on the transmitter. To shut off the engines we have to slowly move the switch. Is that a transmitter setting issue or just the way the switch works.

Thank you!

Jack

• Hello,

the Sparkswitch normally doesn´t care about the switching speed- it´s electronic. Just connect a servo to the receiver output to see what´s going on at this output.

And check if your settings are correct: 0% OFF and +100% ON

• Hello,

I would like to know if the following behaviour is normal, while using flight assistant on the ground before settint it up for the flight test..

Here is the set up: Igyro SRS+GPS+Powerbox competitionSRS with futaba T18MZ and 2 6308SB receivers.

In order to use 3 savox 1230 servos on the (huge) rudder of an Ultimate, I selected "digital OUT" to have the possibility to use rudder A (with 2 servos+matching) and rudder B with the third servo. I have a permanent prog mix on the radio to mix rudder A servos and rudder B servo.

I have one switch for the gain and one switch for flight mode and they are correctly seen by the gyro.

Here is my trouble: when I use flight assistant, the programmation for rudder A is NOT duplicated for rudder B.

After using the assistant, having a look at gyro settings, all rudder A elements (FM0,1,2) are OK, but all rudder B elements (FM0,1,2) are forced at 0: is that normal?

I can manually put all the elements on the rudder B settings afterwards, BUT it means that I can't use flight assistant in the air (at least for rudder parameters), as the rudder B servo won't move like the 2 others.

Thank you