Richard, this is my first PowerBox product and I have some questions. I am very impressed so far.
Model is 1/5 F-16. About 20 flights so far using Futaba 18MZ, R7008 Sbus, on Smartfly board with three decoders. I have removed the entire onboard radio system and am now installing 2 R7008 Sbus, Royal SRS with PowerBus to simplify the install, improve safety, and save weight. I have not connected anything so far. Still working out my channel mapping plan on a spreadsheet. I had used 17 channels before but I am planning on using one channel each for leading edge flaps, flatirons, and elevators and servo matching. This should give me extra channels for iGyro adjustments during test flights.
1. I am using two A-123 2S 2600 mah flight batteries with an output of 6.6v. If I set the output voltage A and B to 7.4v, will I get the full 6.6v from the batteries to the servos?
2. With 6.6v input and output voltage A and B set to 7.4v, what voltage will the receiver see while using Sbus2 for telemetry?
3. When controlling the Royal SRS on and off with the SensorSwith do I have to disconnect the batteries for long term storage to avoid battery drain?
4. I have been flying the jet using flaperon(aileron) and differential horizontal stabilizer mix for roll control. How do I set up differential stabs using the internal iGyro?
5. I am using camber flaps in the 18MZ for flaperon flaps. Will I still get roll control and gyro stabilizing when camper flaps are lowered?
6. Is it smart to use the A (Red) output on one side of the aircraft and B (Black) output on the other side?
7. There all servos and electronics are PWM. There are 3 PWM Adaptors, one mid fuse left side, one mid fuse right side, and one in tail. The tail adaptor is in series with the left side adaptor. Can I assign both A and B outputs to the tail Adaptor?
8. I am using the PowerBox dual output jet smoke pump. Can I connect the power to the A-123 3S 9.9v ECU battery or must I connect the power to the Royal SRS for the lower voltage?
9. My Royal SRS was purchased new in November 2016. Do I need the update for using the R7008 Sbus for use with the new LBT protocol as mentioned in the "Futaba 7008 and powerbus on royal" forum posts? How do I know if my Royal SRS has this update?
I'm sure I will have more questions as I get started. Thanks in advance for your help.