Please clarify rudder config

• Hi, I am configuring my iGyro and carefully read the addon manual regarding the Setup Assistant and Test fly assistant.

I do a complete Setup and all seems to be fine. I am now learning, as suggested by the Test Fly Assistant documentation, to do several "dry run" to gain

confidence with the procedure to use during the Test Fly.

I understood all the aileron and elevator tasks, not so difficult, only the final part, the rudder gain setup, lead me in confusion.

First of all, why this sentence? please clarify: "in normal flight the Heading value is a hindrance for the rudder, because the tail then tends to “drag” when the model is turning."

Since I am setting single flight mode, FM2 or FM3 why the manual says to switch to FM2 or FM3 generically? To accomplish the RUDDER setup I have to complete two steps:

the first step is to setup for normal mode, do I have to set the gain to 81% as in the manual ( use the gain control to set the gyro effect for the rudder ...)and then switch to FM1?

The second step is the same as per ELEV and AIL, thus the model will oscillate around his Z axys?

Please what do you mean with the term "turn" in regard to the model, is a loop? Tonneau or a normal maneuver of approach with straight model?

Sorry for all these questions but I want to be sure of all settings prior to test fly my airplane.

Best regards

Alessandro

• Hello,

with a "turn" is meant a curve. Fly away, do a "turn" to come back- normal maneuver not acrobatic. I´m also confused about turn, because the acrobatic manoucver in German is the same word.

The tail hangs down with heading in a turn. This is why the adjustment is seperarated. If you don´t need FM3 (Heading on rudder) you can adjust only the normal gyro rudder gain, and go over the "heading" step.

Do it on the ground- and look the different movement of the rudder if you swing the tail

• Hi Richard, many thanks, hopefully I understood the real meaning of the turn word, but....

The influence of the rudder and it's setup is already unclear, but, I know, is my mind.

I need FM3 because I will do 3D manoeuvres and I learnt that at such slow speed, like a hovering, obviously we need rudder correction, in heading in FM3, ok.

The tricky part is WHY the tail drags down. In a turn the nose tend to go down when I apply some aileron, so I correct this tendency with a little elevator up.

One last clarification, when you suggest to check on the ground, I have to note the different movement from FM2 and FM3 or from heading and normal mode?

Many thanks for your patience and kind help.

Regards

Alessandro

One last clarification, when you suggest to check on the ground, I have
    to note the different movement from FM2 and FM3 or from heading and
    normal mode?

Yes. Once the gyro is adjusted - you can try in the air to fly a turn with FM3- you will see what there is meant.