Powerbox Micromatch.. How many match points? Thin wires for monster servos OK?

• I am new to Powerbox systems. The vendor tells me these micromatch devices do "servo match". I would like to know, how can you set more than 3 points (1 center and 2 throws) to match two servos (on a single surface) with additional software? JR Matchbox, Spektrum servo balancing functions (in my DX9) or other servo matching devices do at least 7 up to 100 points. I have a BlueCom Android Adapter. What else do I need?

Also, are these recommended for high energy %35 3D planes with High Voltage Servos? I use MKS HBL-380 and HS-7950TH. My servos and extensions are 20 to 22awg. These micromatch devices have thin, maybe 28awg servo wires. Is that safe?

Thanks,

Yamil

• Richard, thanks for your reply. I'll take a chance regarding the high gauge servo wires, but I don't see how 3 points is enough on dual servo ailerons unless you have perfect geometry which seems impossible for me to attain in an ARFs with non adjustable horns glued into the wing with epoxy. Servo balancing/matching would make life much easier. Unless maybe these devices do some other magic I am not aware of. I guess I will have to find out by myself. Anyway, thanks again for your reply.

• The reason why I am here is that I actually burned two of the latest, most expensive Hi-Tech servos and some wood and covering in one aileron where they matched perfectly at end points and in the middle (.02 amp) but they were pulling over 3 amps and got very loud at half deflection. I cannot make the geometry any better in an arf with the horns glued to the wing. I don't know if you are telling that micromatch will prevent this or that what I am saying cannot be true in your opinion.

Thanks,

Yamil

• Hello,

there must be something wrong- if the endpoints and middle is matched correctly, the travel in beetween may differ about 1mm, but this doesn´t draw 3A

Burning HiTec servos is not an individual case...

When you remove the linkage and look in the middle travel- how much is the horn away from the screw hole? Can you check?