Unable to register teleconverter with 18sz

• Hi,

iam unable to register my teleconverter with futaba 18sz. iam using powerbox competition srs.

I had connected tue telecon via bluecom adapter and changed the settings to all transmitter. Running on v3 firmware as per " mobile terminal" app.

Then connected the sbus2 side to tx and connected power on the otherside.

went to register and i get the messge "The connected sensor is not ready"

i read through the forums and reset the telemetry data as per richards instructions on those threads.

But still the same issue. Tried many times keep getting thst messege while registering. Please help.

Regards,

Amit

• Hi Richard,

i have followed that many times. But you never expalined the sequence of connections , as you say above. It only has pictures of the tx setup. What sequesce you want me to connect the tele converter to tx, battery and press the buttons etc.

Thank you for the help

• Hi richard,

I am really getting frustrated with this teleconverter, can someone please help with the right guidance on setting it up and , help me find out if this is faulty unit. If its faulty i would like to return it.

So far i have followed your setup instruction and tried multiple times, i dont see "powerbox" sensor registered on my 18Sz.

Regards,

Amit

• Hello,

what I have seen in your explanation above: you set the Teleconverter to "All transmitter". If you do that you only find the F1628 Sensor in the menue! this is a "Robbe" sensor emulation showing only Voltafge and capacity.

You need to set the Teleconverter to "T18" as you have a T18! Then you should find the sensor if you go exactly like this:

- turn on transmitter

- go into registering menu

- connect Teleconverter

- connect power to teleconverter

- Press "Reload"

• Thanks Richard,I have a 18 SZ. After changing to 18MZ on the teleconverter and playing with that setting i can see "Powerbox" As a sensor. However it only shows up when i click on the 8th sensor. Nevertheless i can atleast see it. However now there is a new problem, Although i select Powerbox as a display option, there are no values on the radio, i can see on the Powerbox the telemetry is set to Futaba and the connection is done on the Sbus2 port of the rx's i have tried both the rx's Rx1 and Rx2 same result. Tried reloading from the Tx also a few times same result.

What is missing ?

• Hi richard,

nothing worked here is what i did.

- turn on transmitter

- go into registering menu

- connect Teleconverter

- connect power to teleconverter

- Press "Reload"

- There is nothing displayed under sensors everything is blank

- only if i press #8 sensor i see powerbox

- connected the teleconverter to rx and powerbox.

- if i select that and then reset and reload as per your instructions nothing happens on the tx no values.

- i have interchanged the last two steps still nothing on the tx.

I have checked on the powerbox telemetry is set to futaba and iam connecting to the sbus2 port on the rx. please advice if iam missing any steps ?