Sequencer - ignore gear switch position on start up

• Hi Richard,

Am using Mercury sequencer in Carf P-47 so - mode 1 but with a single set of doors i.e. all doors driven by one Jetronic door valve (gear is driven by Jetronic valve also). I have carefully set up the sequencer now on two occasions and on each occasion it initially works perfectly i.e. gear correctly responds to Tx switch position and everything happens in correct sequence. If I switch the PB off and then later switch it back on everything works ok. But, after about four or five times when PB has been switched on and off, the sequencer then goes out of control. My Tx will not come on unless the gear switch is in the down position. Before switching on I always set the gear in the down position with doors open. When I now switch on, the gear doors close first and then the gear retracts. So not only is the sequencer not responding to the correct Tx switch position, it's actually working out of sequence.

Can you give me any insights as to why this is happening please?

Thanks

Bob

• ...yes it's really 8 - I updated for this reason.

Bob

Richard - FWIW - I have a Royal in a Carf Skygate Hawk that suffered from the same problem. An update to V18 solved it. So Royal is good but Mercury not working with V8

B

• Hello,

did you set it up with the setup assistant or manually?

With the Jettronics valve sometimes there are problems at startup. Can you please connect a servo to this output instead, just to verify if the output is correct?

• Hi Richard,

A little more information. Using the sequence above - when first set up, everything works as it should. If I turn the PB off but leave the Tx on everything works as it should when I turn the PB back on. However, if I turn both the PB and Tx off then, when I turn both on again, the gear immediately goes UP and the doors remain open. If I then blip the switch to up and quickly back to down, the gear comes down and the doors remain open. From this point the gear works normally.

Hope this helps

Bob

• Hi Richard,

Ok - Don't quite see how it can be the valve though when it all works perfectly well - including the valves (both of which are brand new).

Thanks for looking but I'll not use the Mercury sequencer and I'll go another route.

Bob

• Hi Richard,

You are correct - I have just confirmed that the valve was the problem.Thanks for the info re Horst Lenerz - I will follow up with him. However, for those with this problem the solution for now is to reverse the air in and out and reverse the gear switch. It seems that the valve has an inbuilt 'preference' for its starting position and this is activated ahead of the tx signal at start up. So it's necessary to change this preference and the only way to do it for now is as above.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob