Powerbox Professional/elektronic ignition dla 64 2 stroke boxer engine

• Hi,

Engine DLE 64 boxer 2 cilinder, 2 stroke, Spektrum DX9 black edition DSMX.

The manual from the engine says: Use seperate battery's for ignition and receiver.

Now i use Powerbox professional (V2).

Is it alloud to get power for ignition from the powerbox?

Thank you in advance,

Frans from the Netherlands.....

• Hi Richard,

I use my Powerbox professional with 2x 2S Life 4000 mAh.

I understood that you are not recommending to feed the ignition directly from the Powerbox, but if I use your SkarkSwitch in between, could this be feed out of the Powerbox?

If yes, I would have a redundant power supply for my ignition as well and I could save the weight of a third battery.

I'm running a DLE61 with the original ignition which can be power up from 4,8 to 8,4V.

Regards - Luc .

• Hello,

the SparkSwitch is a Optocoupler switch which seperates the ignition from the receiver. If you connect the receiver power to the SparkSwitch, the Optocircuit has no more function: It´s like without Optocoupler. Static discharge and interference may come to the receiver/Powerbox/servos

• I see,

Maybe I would be a good Idea to add an Optocoupler directly to the Powerbox for powering ignitions.

This would add some extra safe and redundancy.

Thank you for the fast answer.

Regards - Luc

• Hello Richard,

I understand your concern about discharges and interfearances from the ignition system. I guess those can be identified and a clever filtering added to a power output for an ignition switch can solve your concerns. It would be a great feature to have a power output for the ignition included in the the powerboxes.

Think about it with your clever R&D engineers.

Looking forward Powerbox Systems can add such feature in the future.

Kind regards from Graz

Volker