Working with Mercury SRS and Futaba 7008 sb recievers

• HI Richard

My question is this. In working with the SB system of Futaba I have always used the Powerbox SRS systems in the following way. I make a single connection from each receiver (if I am using two) to RX1 and RX2 inputs on the powerbox inputs. Then I make single wire connections from each servo back into the inputs of the Powerbox. So am I not wasting the design of the a SB system, where I would run out one line from the receiver and using a series of hubs making my connections that way. If I am doing it that way I am not getting the benefits of the signal amplification and servo isolation ( on the case of a servo failure) . What is the point of me using an SB receiver in this way with the Powerbox, where I am not eliminating any wiring and using the same old NON SB wiring systems. I have run the Power Bus system on the Royal and the Competition and this really does eliminate multiple runs of wiring. Am I using the Mercury wring system wrong by using multiple wires to each input and servo. I don't think I can run one line out of the Powerbox and use Sbus wiring methods off of that, right. Other than SRS system is there a point to using an SB receiver in this case.

Thanks

AKB

• Hi Richard

Yes I got my Powerboxes backwards but unforturantley that wasn't the answer I was looking for. Is it a waste to go with SB recievers when using the full capabilities of the the Powerbox or I guess this would be the only was way to get an SRS connection from a receiver to the Powerbox. The only thing that I can think of in using the SB receiver when using the telemetry and having a direct line out from the Sbus 2.

Thanks

AKB

• Hi Richard

Am I just wasting my money having an SB receiver when I am using the Powerbox as my main source for battery management, signal amplification and multiple servo installation. Can I go with a non sb receiver and save money that way.

Thanks

AKB

• Hello Richard,

rshirley Nov 7th 2018

I have set up my PowerBox Mercury but appear to be having problems with the setup.

I'm using a Futaba 18MZ with one R7008SB receiver to control a Top RC Aspire.

Here's the problem:

I setup 3-position switch "SC", which is mapped to channel 11, for the Flight Mode Switch and slider "LS" mapped to channel 13, for the Gain Control, on the iGyro, as described on page 11 of the Mercury Instruction booklet. I've also viewed both of your videos on setting up the iGyro. I'm assuming that when I flip the 3-position switch, it should allow me to switch between FM1, FM2, and FM3, but it does not. The iGyro system appears to remain in FM2, no matter what position the 3-position switch is in. However, when I move the slider, in one direction, I note that "ATT. ASSIST OFF" changes to "ATT. ASSIST ON", allowing me to change the gain from 0% to 100%, in increments of 7 percentage points. In other words, when I rotate to slider, the gain goes from 0% to 1%, from 1% to 8%, from 8% to 15%, and so on.

So, the bottom line is that I can't get out of FM2 into either FM1 or FM3, which according to Martin's YouTube videos, should allow me to change the gain on subsequent axis, if there is not enough gain on a particular axis. It would appear as the switch that I'm using is not recognized by the system.

I really would appreciate if you could help with this issue, as I'm afraid to fly my new jet in this senario.

Thanks in Advance,

Ron Shirley

• Hello,

The problem here is: You didn´t use the Setup Assistant, and you didn´t use the Testfly assistant. You are trying to setup the system manually by using the Input mapping.

Use the Assistants to get the gyro working as you want it.