Unable to turn off PowerBox Competition SRS

• The first time I turned on my PowerBox Competition SRS to setup battery chemistry, output voltage and RX type everything worked as advertised. Tonight I turned it on to do the output mapping and was greeted by a Regulator Malfunction msg. I was in the process of unplugging the multiplex connector from the #2 battery connector when the Regulator Malfunction msg disappeared and I got the normal main screen display. Everything seemed fine so I continued to do the output mapping. When I finished I tried turning off the Competition SRS but could only get a Regulator Malfunction msg.

Here is what it does. When I turn off the Competition SRS with the switch I get a Regulator Malfunction msg. If I unplug battery #1 the regulator Malfunction light goes out and I get the main screen display (0.00V on bat #1). Plugging the #1 battery back in the Main Display reverts to the Regulator Malfunction msg. If I disconnect battery #2 the main display goes blank. When I plug battery #2 back in the main display lights normally for a second then reverts to the Regulator Malfunction msg. Turning the switch back on the main display lights normally.

The batteries are 2S 4000mah lipo cells. The wiring harness maintains the correct polarization. The fault occurs with the regular three button on/off switch and the magnetic switch. I performed a factory reset form the menu, it had no effect on the problem.

Do I need to send the unit in for repairs or am I missing something.

W

PowerBox-Systems Americas Corp.

6970 Business Park Blvd N. - Suite 8

Jacksonville, FL 32256

USA

PowerBox-Systems Americas Corp.

6970 Business Park Blvd N. - Suite 8

Jacksonville, FL 32256

USA

• Hello,

if both Switch LED´s are green - so both are on and you still get the regulator malfunction message, then the regulator is damaged.

If you see this message with both batteries conected but only one is turned on- it is no fault.