Smokepump 2010 version Runs at Full Speed on a throttle mix

• I have two smokepumps, a newer version 4 and also an older one that says 2010 on it. I use Futaba 18SZ. On the newer one, I was able to establish a throttle to smoke mix and vary the smoke accordingly and it works well. I have tried the exact same setup in my radio on the older one and I'm getting a different result. On the older one, once the pump turns on it goes full speed, and doesn't vary with my throttle. I have validated on the servo monitor on my radio that the signal to the pump should slow it down as the throttle stick is reduced, but it seems to keep running very very fast regardless of the signal input from the radio. In short, the pump works, but its full speed or nothing, I can't seem to get it to run at reasonable speed, which only needs to be around 10-20%.

• OK, the problem I am mostly having is the speed does not seem to vary, no matter what the signal is from the transmitter once it goes on it is full speed all the time. If I want to update the software I can send it to Powerbox Americas in Florida?