Mercury gyro settings : Soft Normal Hard Ultra? What determines best choice?

• Hello Richard

Please can you explain which of the Mercury gyro chracteriestivs you reccomend and the resons why and if any are better suited to a particular type of model.

1. As the ugrade defaults to Soft, I assume this is to be safe if users want to fly with the existing gains and do not want to start again and test fly with flight assistant. However, users must do this if they change to normal, hard or ultra? Is the factory default on new units soft or hard?

2. From what I have read so far on this forum, the new standard is hard, which is the best option to try after ugrading and as stated above, the model will need gains reseting manually or with flight test assisstant.

3. When would I want to use normal or Ultra if hard is meant to be the new standard and is their any down side to using ultra if this is meant to be the best?

4. Is this setting equivalent to boost setting on SRS/ROYAL which has never really been explained properly in the manuals (at least I never understood :)).

5. Does GPS work the same way from soft to ultra?

Sorry for these questions but I think your customers deserve a better explanation then I can find so far, which is very little. I have three Mercurey in my models and want to know how is this upgrade going to improve matters and what, if anything, was wrong before.

Thank you for your time.

• Hello,

it´s not that difficult: If you set it to soft the gyro compensates slowly which allows the plane to have movements even the gyro is adjusted to the max. With Hard or Ultra the gyro compensates very quickly which makes feel and look hard.

If you make the update, it on soft in order not to get oscillations on previeous setups. If you make the assistant new it´s standard set to hard.

The GPS has no influence to that - it´s the speed compensation