Gyro Gain

• Hi There,

I set my Gyro up through the assistant but now i have lost the gain channel slider functionality (Through my own fault) i initiated the slider again but it only operates on half of the slide and flight assistant wont recognise the the slider and move to the next screen to continue with the setup.

Can i just bypass the slider and set Gain before flight for each surface instead of doing it during the flight? i know how to do this but wondered if it stores the set gain without using the test fly assistant, i would prefer to do it manually anyway if i'm honest.

Thanks

• Hello,

with the Assistant setup the gain slider is inactive once you left the assistant.

If you want to adjust everything manually you can do it in the Gyro menu. Another option is to assign a gain slider to single axis in the input mapping to set the gain for a single axis in flight.

• Thank you for your reply, i think ill delete the slider and set everything in the Gyro menu then just add to it if i need to. Just wondered really if i had to go through the assistant but it seems not.

I have assigned the slider but its weird it only starts to add gain from half way up the scale, i have tried it on full throw and less but doesn't then work at all. It is not recognised when i try to use the assistant so the assistant doesn't move on in the setup screen. This will be a simple fix somewhere but i would prefer to just add 25% on all surfaces to start and go from there.

Thank you.

• Hi !!

I made a mistake in the decision to buy my radio transmitter, I bought a Spektrum DX9 with 9 channels without previously analyzing my needs.

Now I am in the dilemma of how to operate the iGyro in my Mercury SRS and control its gain, as I understand, this needs 2 channels, one to turn the gyroscope on and off and another to control its gain.

I use this configuration in my IA63 Pampa RC Jet, the 4 conventional channels, accelerator, rudder, ailerons and elevator, add retractable train in channel 5, flaps in channel 6, aerodynamic brake in channel 7, lights in channel 9, I have only left free for the iGyro channel 8.

Spektrum markets a channel expander called X-Plus 8, but I don't know if it's possible to connect it to the Mercury SRS.

Any idea how to solve my issue without the need to change my radio or I have no choice but to find a TX with more channels

• Thanks OGG2000

Yes, I have the lights on channel 9, with switch assigned, two positions to turn on and three positions that are the schemes. But all this is done with a single channel and two mixtures.

I understand from your answer that I can temporarily use the light channel to set the gain of the iGyro and then with a single channel I can turn it on and switch between the flight options, either with a switch or with two or only need a switch of 3 positions for this?

Once the iGyro is set, the gain channel knob would be unused and that channel will be assigned to the lights

Is that so? I am right ?

Thank you so much

• Hi Richard

Thanks for your answer, and if I'm flying with a DX9 my RC Jet

I will already buying a Core, it is very difficult with our currency exchange at this moment, but it is in my plans and priority. I was at the Jets Festival in Chile and fell in love with its radio transmitter equipment, but it is very expensive to our monetary exchange. I also like Audi, Mercedes Benz and BMW very much, but I have a Peugeot Ja Ha ...

A few years ago there was an advertising for Grundig TVs that said ¨German Technology, expensive but the best¨

Without a doubt, their products are do