Reciever update help

• Hello,

I am trying to update my 26 and 9ch receivers, I have downloaded the powerbox terminal and windows 10 drivers however I cannot get the terminal to recognise the receivers.

when I click 'start search' nothing at all happens except 'suche empfanger' appears underneath

I have managed to update a Mercury this morning so this would suggest the USB is working ok

I have the receiver, 2s battery and y lead installed as per your picture, (lead plugged into Pbus port?) the status light flashes green then red

thanks for any help

• Jo,

I had the same problem although a friends computer recognised the rx straight away.

I am running Windows 8 and I found that I had to exit the terminal having updated to latest version and re start the terminal app.

Then plug in the usb plug lead to the computer. This was a little hit and miss but then suddenly it recognises it and starts offering the updated. So exit terminal and re app terminal and then plug usb plug lead.

In the end it worked for me.Make sure battery is well charged as well

David

• Hi David,

thanks for your reply, I have tried every different option including re installing the app, trying different receivers, different order of how I plug in RX and open terminal, nothing makes any difference, the only thing I have not tried is charging the battery, it was at around 85% charge so I will charge it and try again

when I updated my mercury I found the process different to what I had read on this forum, I could not connect the unit via the sensorswitch as stated in the instructions, then all of a sudden it appeared in the terminal and I was able to start the update, perhaps this is similar to your hit and miss experience of connecting the RX?

• With one of my laptop, the only way I managed to get it to work is hitting “start search” and then rapidly connecting the jr plug to the receiver port. Obviously the usb interface must be already connected to the computer and ready with the y cable and battery connected

• With one of my laptop, the only way I managed to get it to work is hitting “start search” and then rapidly connecting the jr plug to the receiver port. Obviously the usb interface must be already connected to the computer and ready with the y cable and battery connected

Thanks I will try that, have now tried 2 laptops, 3 Rxs, fully charged battery, still cannot get the terminal to connect to a receiver

• Hello,

1. Conntect the USB wire, Y-harness and battery to the computer
    2. Start the Terminal
    3. Select Receiver update
    4. Click search
    5. Then connect the receiver

The Update feature from the radio comes soon!

I managed to update all my Powerbox units/GPS/receivers today and set up a new jet, the model setup on the transmitter is so easy, I am really happy with the Core after being 100% JR for so many years!

I found I had to be quite quick connecting the receiver after pressing 'search' but no problems after that