sparkswitch activation problem

• Hello Richard,

I have it hooked up to the Futaba 14SG radio and 7008SB receiver's SBus-2 Connection. I tried it every way possible and programing it every way possible, the radio does not recognize the SparkSwitch Pro - when I tried to do a 'Sensor' - 'Register' the radio says there is a "Communication Error".

• Seems to me that the SparkSwitch Pro 'software download' is not being recognized by the radio.

Today I even tried all the different connection combinations on the switch, thinking that maybe they were labelled incorrectly and the radio would not recognize the Switches' telemetry system.

I think that I have tried everything and one of the methods/connections should have worked. This includes hooking the SparkSwitch directly to the receiver,s S-Bus - 2 connection.

Hope that helps you understand what I have been doing.

Also, I am unable to find anyone who has the SparkSwitch Pro connected to a Futaba S-Bus 2 system. If you know of anyone maybe I could contact them?

Thanks,

Roly

• Hello,

Einstellen des SparkSwitch PRO auf Futaba

There is absolutely nothing standing from "Register" the sensor! Of course there will be a communication error because the SparkSwitch doesn´t support this bad made registering process from Futaba!

Just reset your telemetry and add the sensor field manually to your radio screen. Exactly a s described in the link above!

It´s more than simple.

I cannot do more than giving a step by step manual with pictures: if people don´t follow - it´s impossible to give support.

• Hello,

I must report that dispite all efforts in following all instructions including Futaba that the SparkSwitch-Pro is not recognized by my Futaba 14SG radio.

• All I get is "communication error":(

The switch works however the telemetry does not - hate to know how much $$$ and time spent on this.

Regards, Roly

• Hi Roly,

I'm so sorry that you have problems, but right now we tested 14SG with 7008SB receiver and SparkSwitch Pro. Please set your system to FASSTest 12ch, and it will be working properly. Please let me know if you was successful, if not, tomorrow we will send you detailed step by step with photos :-)

But if you choose right mode, then it really work w/o issues.

have a nice evening

rudi

• You are still trying to connect the SparkSwitch to the radio...;(

All I get is "communication error"

I´m sorry: it´s the last time I explain you not to register the SparkSwitch to the radio. The Sparkswitch doesn´t communicate with the radio, only with the S.BUS2 from the receiver!!

Please only delete the telemetry screen in the radion and make the telemetry fields in the radio manually like shown in th forum post!

• Hello Rudi,

Thanks for the information. I have spent many hours of many days not to mention much money getting extra stuff. Reluctant to spend more time as the project has been delayed however will keep the information and set to FASSTEST 12ch along with the other information for setting it up. Will let you know, if it worked for you should work with mine.

Thanks again, Roly

Hi Roly,

I'm so sorry that you have problems, but right now we tested 14SG with 7008SB receiver and SparkSwitch Pro. Please set your system to FASSTest 12ch, and it will be working properly. Please let me know if you was successful, if not, tomorrow we will send you detailed step by step with photos :-)

But if you choose right mode, then it really work w/o issues.

• Hello Rudi,

I did some more follow-up and I am using Analog servos along with Telemetry (Futaba). The 14SG manual in bold specifically says the "Analog Servos cannot be used with the R7009SB in the FASSTest 12CH mode"

My conclusion is that if I had Digital Servos I would be fine. Hope there is some follow-up with Power Box to explain in more detail what the 'fine print' details are needed for their product to work with Futaba Radios.:)

Thanks, Roly