iOS Mobile Terminal BlueCom App

• Dear All,

today I committed the final version of the new iOS Mobile Terminal App. Before one month we committed new SDK for iOS App, wait for Apple review, implementing all Apple findings, and now Apple approved the final version of the App.

We can expect, that the App will be available in the App Store in the next days. It means, that Apple has up to 10 days to approve the App, but I hope, that half to this time will be enough :-)

I will inform you in this thread about the status, and about all App updates in the future. I will appreciate it, so appreciate, if all comments, ideas, complaints and questions related to iOS App will be posted here, to have well and nice tracking of all.

Immediately, when the new iOS App, Version 3.00, will be available, then I will release also new Android App, also version 3.00, where were fixed a couple of issues with the firmware update. Then we will have both new Apps, version 3.0, absolutely identical applications for both platforms.

I would like to thank you for your patience!

Have a great day

Regards

Rudolf

• Hi Rainer,

I hope, it will be available on Monday afternoon, they are really slow such a snail :-( Last week approved more than 5k applications and ours is in the queue. I'm asking each one day for news, the response is always the same: In the approval process, it will be available after approval.

I wish you a merry Christmas and happy New Year as well, also for all sending warm wishes :-)

Cheers

Rudolf

• The new App is still under review, not available. Right now I got an email from Apple support, they analyzing all methods accessing local storage and local drivers for communication, also methods for storing data downloaded from an internet connection - firmware data for devices. I'm expecting another couple of days for the review, they reviewing thousands of new apps. As I was able to read agreed conditions, the time for the review is not limited, but usually, they trying to review all updated apps first, and then brand new apps - our case.

I would like to ask you all friend to be patient, it will be available really soon. And, please, if possible, do not use the old app for updating of firmware, in some cases, mainly in iOS version 12 and higher, the update may crash.

Many thanks for the understanding and your patience and support

Rudolf

• Dear All,

iOS App Version 3.00 is available in App Store!

This version is the initial version of the brand new iOS App. We waited 5 weeks for releasing this version by Apple. The app is absolutely new, we are using our special SDK designed and programmed directly for this App. Both platforms, iOS and Android are designed in the same way, with the same design and functionalities.

We prepared version 3.01, which we are releasing right now. This version contains hotfixes of errors, which we found during the waiting time for the release. This version will be available in the next days.

Some tips for using the new App, use help buttons, please. One difference against Android App is in Rescue mode, Rescue mode is invoked by holding the finger on the device image. This same approach we will use also in Android release, not special views for all devices for the Rescue. This solution is easier for users.

In case, when you will found some issue in the App (both platforms), please send me a private message with the description and if possible with a screenshot. Do not open another thread in the forum, but send me the complain directly. I will respond immediately with an explanation or a bug fix.

Rudolf

• Hallo,

Derzeit getestet XS Max, iOS 13.3, ohne Probleme. Bitte senden Sie mir eine PM mit weiteren Details, wenn möglich auch einen Screenshot von dem, was App Reporting ist. Fehlermeldung oder wenn nur verschwinden.

Ich brauche die Details zu kennen.

Danke vielmals.

Gruss

rudi

EDIT:

Ich habe alle verfügbaren PowerBox-Geräte in 13.3 erneut getestet, habe kein Problem gefunden und brauche wirklich Hilfe mit Details. Schwer zu analysieren, wenn Sie nicht wissen, was passiert ist.

EDIT2:

Eine Stunde habe ich mit dem Testen von iOS 13.3 auf 11MAX, XS MAX, 7 Plus und 8 Plus verbracht. Alle Menüs und Geräte durchgehen. Keine Fehler. Helfen Sie mir bitte mit den Details zu Ihrem Fehler.

• Dear All,

some guys asked for the menu in App, yes, there is a user menu, left top corner, tap the menu icon and you will get the menu.

from top:

1st - forum

2nd - company information

3rd - forum

4th - like us :-)

5th - EXIT

Rudolf

• Hallo Rudolf

Das mit dem Absturz der Applikation nach Auswahl einer Powerbox ist mir auch zweimal passiert. IPhone6 und iOS 12.4, derzeit der aktuellste Stand.

Allerdings, und das muss ich dazu sagen, gleich nach dem AppStore Update OHNE verbundenen Bluecom-Adapter,... man will halt mal gucken😇

Mit Bluecom Adapter konnte ich noch nicht testen, da ich gerade geschäftlich unterwegs bin.

Was mir dabei aufgefallen ist, wegen Deiner Frage zur Hilfe, bei Auswahl meiner Powerbox ohne angeschlossenen Adapter passiert erst mal längere Zeit nichts, auch bei wiederholtem Klicken, drücke ich länger das Icon kommt wie angekündigt die Frage nach dem Rescue-Mode. Klicke ich da auf „Nein“ und nochmals auf die Powerbox ( in meinem Fall die Mercury) Crashte die App zweimal.

Bei einem dritten Versuch die Mercury anzuklicken passierte dann nichts mehr.

Allerdings scheint es, bei mir, ein Problem mit der Royal und Mercury-Icon zu geben. Dort passiert gar nichts wenn ich draufklicke, bei der Competition und der Competition SRS, erscheint die Info „Nur Aktualisierung für ausgewähltes Powerbox-Gerät zulässig“ und er geht in den Status „Connecting“ den er nach einiger Zeit beeendet weil kein Adapter angeschlossen ist. Die anderen Geräte habe ich jetzt nicht auch noch getestet.

Vielleicht hilft es bei der Fehlersuche.

Da ich keinen BlueCom Adapter angeschlossen hatte und du die 3.01 schon angekündigt hast, habe ich das erstmal nicht beachtet.

Gruss Rainer

• Vielen Dank, Rainer, es können noch einige Fehler in der neuen App vorhanden sein, ich arbeite an Bugfixes :-) Aber ohne BlueCom Adapter wird vieles abgelehnt. Stellen Sie sicher, dass der Adapter angeschlossen ist und das Bluetooth-Symbol unten blau ist.

Danke und Gruss

rudi

• Guten Morgen Rudolf,

auch ich möchte dir eine kurze Rückmeldung geben zum BlueCom iOS-Adapter.

Habe auch das neueste Software-Update meiner App (3.0) auf einem iPhone 10 mit aktueller Software.
    Ich kann die App starten und der BluCom-Adapter wird ordnungsgemäß erkannt.

Den GPS II Adapter wollte ich auf den neuesten Stand bringen. Beim einfachen anklicken passiert nichts, beim zweiten Versuch, schließt sich die App selbstständig. Nach einem Neustart passiert genau das gleiche. Wenn ich länger auf dem GPS II Symbol drücke, kommt der Rescue-Mode. Diesen habe ich dann erfolgreich durchführen können, aber normale Updates waren nicht möglich.

ich hoffe dir somit weitere Informationen gegeben zu haben, um das Problem weiter einzukreisen.

Wünsche dir eine gute Woche 🙂

• Hallo Ottmar,

Ja, ich habe das Problem gefunden. In einigen Fällen hat iOS 13.X ein Problem mit dem aktuellen BLE-Treiber. Ich habe morgen einen Hotfix veröffentlicht, der verfügbar sein wird. Danke vielmals fur feedback!

gruss

rudolf

• Hello All,

one important note. When you do not have a Blue Bluetooth icon on the right bottom corner, in Categories (iGyro/PowerBox/Accessories) view, then the connection with the BlueCom adapter is not established, it means, BlueCom is not powered or still waiting for the response. In that case, if you tap the device image, no action will be performed! Always wait for the Blue icon. But I decided, that it is not user-friendly :-) and I will add a method to App, which will inform you about the status with the message "BlueCom connection still not established, please wait ...".

Will release update

Many thanks for all the feedback, so I appreciate it!

rudolf

• Dear friends,

right now I released new iOS version 3.04 with a fixed bug, wherein the German localization app crashed. Also, the new BLE driver was implemented and a couple of improvements.

I'm expecting, tomorrow morning (maybe during the night) will be App available.

All feedbacks please send into PM, not into the thread, because we losing readability of the thread. I'm responding to your PM almost immediately with advice or help.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Rudolf

• Rudi, you are the best. The App it´s running very well. All is fine 😀

I say thanks for your grätet job.

Rudi, du bist der Beste. Die App funktioniert perfekt und alles ist so wie es sein soll 🙂

Vielen lieben Dank an Dich und deinem Engagement und Geduld 🙏👍💪