Posts by AmitChoksi

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I will be sending the package next week, I will be including PB Royal SRS (& switch) and also the Powerbus cables and the Powerbus to PWM Adapters to have them tested as well.

Can you please let me know of the indicative cost involved in having these items fully tested and serviced?

Thank you.

Hello Richard,

thanks for replying back. I appreciate what you have said but for my piece of mind, I would like to send it to you for it to be thoroughly tested and checked out and have the piece of mind that everything is in order and no components loosened.

Can you please advise how long would it take for you to have it tested and couriered back. Also, I would prefer to have it couriered back rather than postal services. Happy to pay for the courier cost.

Thanks once again

Regards

Amit

Hello Richard,

Happy New year to you and your team.

I had a new PB Royal SRS purchased recently in Oct/Nov'18 installed in my new SM Hawk which unfortunately crashed on its maiden due to the model loosing its canopy mid-flight. Most of the hardware in the model has survived including the turbine and all the electronic components, no fire or fuel spillage. The Royal SRS and the Powerbus system is intact with not a single scratch on it. I have since reconnected the servos using the same powerbus setup and all sees to be function as well as expected, the gyro is responding properly as well.

I am going to use this Royal SRS in the next model, and would like to ascertain if the internal components in the Royal are all still well connected and not loosened up and at the same time make sure the processors are function 100%. Can you please suggest what I can do to have this unit thoroughly checked and tested.

Are these units constructed robust enough to withstand a crash?

If you can please advice? Thanking you.

Regards

Amit

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Given the odds of 1 in 1000 units having this failure is reassuring in some ways but equally concerning given that this particular Royal SRS happens to be that 1 in 1000 unit. I would rather not venture further with this unit by having the sensor replaced, the fact that this SRS unit had one of its integral part of the system show a failure I am afraid I cannot bring myself to risking my model. Given that its under warranty and I have bought it a short while back, I would rather that the complete PB Royal be replaced than having it sent to the factory. I will speak to the PB Dealer from whom I have always purchased my PB units and request him to replace the unit for me with a new one, you can then have this unit replaced for them so they are not stuck with a faulty Royal SRS unit.

Thank you for your assistance and your great service.

Regards

Dear Richard,

I have been a Powerbox user for a while, all my models have PB systems in them. I have Royal SRS in one of my other model and it has worked great eversince. I have iGyro3e in all the other models. In late July'18 (2.5 months ago) I purchased a New Royal SRS from your Australian dealer - Desert Aircraft Australia. Just a few weeks ago I installed it in my SM Hawk100 that I have almost completed building, the model has not been flown as waiting for the turbine. The systems was recently installed in the Hawk and except for the door sequencer everything else including Gyro was setup as per the manual. Everything has been working fine until this morning, when on powering the Royal, the screen showed ' Gyro Sensor Init failed, Restart Powerbox'. On subsequent restarts (tried several times), the same error continued to appear and on the last couple of restarts, the 'init failure' error does not appear however the screen seems to be stuck on ' Powerbox Logo'. None of the switches on the switch box seems to make any difference. All the control surfaces on the model are working fine and move as per the transmitter input however the PB screen is stuck on the PB Logo (previously the screen remained stuck on the Gyro init failure previously and now on the PB Logo) but I cannot access the Royal SRS menu. The Royal as v18.9 software. I use Jeti DS 16, have two RSAT 2 connected.

This whole thing is completely bizarre, the Royal has worked flawlessly until last night, last shut down was as per normal. Nothing has been changed or added to the system since last night, fail to understand why all of a sudden the Gyro Init failure happened and now the SRS is stuck on the PB Logo and SRS menu is in accessible.

This is really disappointing to see such a critical error appear and I am really worried about the Royal SRS's long term reliability and functionality going forward even if by a miracle this error no longer appears. I do not intend to operate this model until such time I am convinced this matter has been effectively resolved.

Given that this unit has been purchased on the 27th July 2018 (can provide a copy of the invoice if required), I assume there is some warranty support that can help sort this issue out. Can you please help me resolve this error.

Many Thanks

Amit

Hello Richard,
    I have a GPS II unit connected to iGyro3e specifically for Gain purpose. I am using a Jeti CB200 with two Jeti R3 Receivers, RCSW switch & MSpeed450. Can I connect a second GPS II unit to one of the R3 receiver to get all the telemetry/parameters such as altitude, distance, distance covered and geo co-ordinates?
    Thank you.
    Regards

Hello Richard,

Orientation was the first thing I checked, the orientation is correctly set, I have double checked. What else could be the issue, do I redo the output mapping. ?

Amit

Hello Richard,
    When I go into my Gyro Direction setting as the last step in the Basic Setup Assistant, when checking the directions of control surface, if I pitch the aircraft, the Elevator servos move in the correct direction, however when I roll the aircraft, I have the rudder servo moving and when I yaw the aircraft, I have the two aileron servo moving. Output mapping has been done correctly with GY Aileron A & B, GY Elevator A & B and GY Rudder A correctly matched to their channels. In the Basic Setup Assistance, I have double checked the part where you move your aileron, elevator and rudder sticks to teach the channels. All the channels are correctly assigned. What am I doing wrong or have over looked. I am using the Powerbus system, and using Jeti DS16 Transmitter. Any assistance from you would be much appreciated as always

Regards
    Amit

Hello Richard,
    thank you for responding promptly. Yes, servos work fine when connected directly to the Receiver (tried all - 2 elevator channels, 2 aileron channels, 1 rudder channel and the Gain channel). I also specifically checked the GAIN channel with a servo and that worked as well when I turned the assigned knob.

I live in Brisbane, Australia, I bought it from the local hobby shop - Desert Aircrafts Australia. I prefer not to spend money in sending a defective product all the way to Germany - the courier cost it self would be expensive and will certainly not send via Australia Post. I do not want to wait for days/weeks on end to get the replacement / repaired unit back.

Can I not simply return the unit back to Desert Aircraft Australia and they replace it with another unit and you then exchange the defective unit , this way they are not out of pocket either.

Regards
    Amit

Hello Richard,
    I currently have three models working perfectly with iGyro3e system. I have since bought a 4th iGyro3e and had that installed in a new model that I am completing. Using Jeti CB200 with R3 Receivers & R3Switch - both elevators, both ailerons and Rudder servos were correctly setup through the iGyro3e. Each time I have started the system, the CB200 and iGyro3e has worked perfectly. The setup was working fine as expected thus far.

Yesterday whilst working on the model, the Receiver and the iGyro was powered up and started as per normal and all seemed to be working fine. Upon shutting down the system and restarting it again I noticed that the iGyro lights were not initialised as they should, nor would the lights come on when you moved the gain knob. Finding it strange, shut down the system completely and restarted again - same issue with the iGyro - no lights on even when you moved the gain knob. Please note, I had not disturbed the connections between the CB200 and the iGyro3e at any stage since its setup and thus far each time the system has started perfectly until this instance. I have checked and rechecked my setup connections - nothing is wrongly wired or out of place. I have checked my radio setup for this particular model with the setup for all the other 3 models with iGyro's - they are all identical and working fine.

I have since removed the iGyro and have connected the Bluecom adapter and fully charged battery - there are no lights on the iGyro and Powerbox Terminal app shows there is no Powerbox device connected. Same thing when I use the Powerbox USB adapter - the device is not identified. There are no lights even when I connect the battery directly to the iGyro3e. The whole iGyro3e unit seems to have gone completely dead for some reason.

I am dumbfounded what has gone wrong here - working fine thus far and now has stopped working out of the blue. I am a strong advocate for Powerbox systems - love your Royal SRS and Powerbus systems. I am not going to let this singular issue which I am confident is rare in occurrence to deter me from using PB units but I would nevertheless like to know what happened and what do I do hereon to fix this iGyro3e. I am literally days away from completing this model and be in a position to test fly it.

Can you please guide me as to what to do here.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Amit Choksi

Hello Richard,
    I have setup knob P7 on my DS16 to control the Gain - 0 to 100% - I can see it move from 0 to 100% on the Servo monitor as well.. Before doing this, I had setup channel 16 in the radio for the Gain Channel. the two Jeti RSat2 Receivers are updated to V3.24 and Royal SRS is updated to V 10. In the Basics setup Assistant menu in the SRS - when I reach the Gain Channel setup and turn the P7 knob - it picks up the P7 correctly, but it only moves from 50% to 100% - not 0 to 100%. Why would this be, I have also tried increasing the servo throw to +105% and -105%. The Channel 16 is a spare channel and not conflicting with any other channel as well.

any suggestions as to where I am going wrong here.

Thanks Richard

Hello Richard, I am hoping you have some understanding of how gyro setup is done on Jeti DS 16. I appreciate your assistance as always, however I am mindful that you may not be fully conversant with all radio systems out there including Jeti and therefore may not be able to assist here. but I am hoping you can at least point me in the right direction.

In the DS16 under MODEL - Basic Properties I have setup GYRO 1 (i.e. selected Gyro 1 only, the radio has has Gyro 2 and Gyro 3), I have then setup Switch SA (three way toggle) for GYRO SENS - 'Normal' mode switch full down, Gyro Off - middle position and "Hold' mode when switch is all way up. Also assigned a channel under 'Servo Assignment'.

In the radio under Fine Tuning - Gyro Settings - I have setup knob P7 for Tuning for Position 1 (Normal) and Position 3 (Hold). This is where I am now absolutely confused. What do I do next.
    What values do I add here for the knob P7 i.e. what are its parameters from one end point to the other end point

what do i set for the GAIN Value - as this model will be flown for the first time with the iGyro in it - I do not have a starting point and
    What do I set for the TRIM value.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your assistance

Regards

Amit

HI Richard,
    Thank you for getting back and apologies for any confusion. If you know much about Jeti radio, the servo assignments actually shows the channel out of the radio - these are not necessarily the same as the ones shown in the Powerbus section in output matching - and that where the confusion was. Anyways I have since worked it all out and have both elevators and flaps all setup correctly - both elevators and both flaps setup individually without having to do any servo matching. Once you get the hang of how it can be done - it is very simple and straight forward. am now much wiser with your PB Royal SRS and well versed for the next model i use the Royal SRS. Thanks for your assistance - appreciate the support you provide to your clients.

Regards
    Amit

HI Richard,
    Got the servo travels increased. Was able to initialise them. I have been running around in circles (again) ever since. When I have the servo leads connected directly to the PB unit, I am able to get them moving in the same direction after playing around with reverse servo and servo matching however when I hook them up to the power adapters - they move in opposite direction. I have tried to keep both servos to the same Direct Output , tried to keep them to two separate Direct Outputs and also tried reversing the servos in the transmitter and in the radio. nothing seems to work. I have got the servo matching on the flaps exactly per the text in the manual - set mid point first and then the end points. Why can I get them move in the same direction. I would personally prefer to keep them to separate outputs if possible as I can trim each flaps individually - having them on the same direct output - seems you adjust one, it adjust the other as well (noticed in the elevators after i installed per your earlier instruction). what can i do to get these flaps working right.