Posts by BWUK

Hello Rainer,

Could you explain a little more please? Not sure what you mean by 'Chance the model on the Core Transmitter'

Thanks

Bob

Hi Richard,

Was just finalising a set up prior to sending the Tx in when the screen began to misbehave as expected. I then went to the servo monitor to check the overall set up and noticed that one of the aileron servos was running slowly. Checked the servo and found that 13 seconds of run time had been added to the servo setting. Am wondering if this indicates something a little more serious than just a malfunctioning touch screen?

Bob

Hi Richard,

My Core screen has begun to behave erratically as illustrated in the video -

. In all other respects the Tx seems to be working just fine and maintains postive contol of the aeroplane. Serial Number 98874, software version 1.4, Transceiver 1.5 and Stick Controller 1.3. Switching on and off does sometimes clear it but today even that wasn't guaranteed to work. Grateful for any thoughts

Bob

Pigna:

..well yes I could but one end of the lead goes into RX1 or RX2 and the other goes into either the P2Bus port or the M link port. Not much to photograph really.

Richard,

I've repeated the update process and Terminal reported successful updates for both Rxs and the Mercury but with the same results. All still functions normally with M-Link. Since P2Bus is not crtitical for this application I'll continue on with M-Link and wait to see if the issues occurs with others.

Thanks for help

Bob

Hi Richard,

I have updated the Mercury again with the same result. I'm always concerned that I'm not connecting or setting the system correctly but in this case there's so little to get wrong! I'll update everything again and report back.

Thanks

Bob

..further update.

Went to make sure that I had updated the Mercury correctly to v9 (which I had). So I had the mercury switched on- but without the Tx being on - and the same condition occured. All retured to normal when switching back to M-Link.

Bob

Hi Richard,

Works normally when returned to M-Link but does not work properly with P2Bus. Am wondering if it could be gyro related? There's no discernable pattern to the way the control surfaces move - but they move uncommanded.

Bob

Hi Richard,

Have successfully upgraded Core, Mercury and 2 PB26 -D to latest software to gain access to P2bus and new gyro features. Receivers are connected via the P2Bus ports and I have the Mercury set to P2Bus. However, I have no control over the servos. They power up and move randomly until I power down. Previously set up in M Link and working well. Software versions are: Core 1.4, Transceiver 1.5, Stickcontroller 1.3, Receivers 1.4, Mercury V09.

Thanks for any help

Bob

Pete,

You won't find better, and faster, support anywhere on the planet. I struggled as a beginner and received nothing but patience and good guidance. Just follow the rules of the forum and you will end up in the right place.

Bob

Hi Jack

I had some problems with the jet tronic value a while back. Not entirely sure what you mean by 'leaving at factory setting'. You need to set the valve up so that it knows 'which way is up' so to speak. So air up the system and make sure the gear is in the down position - press the button on the valve next to the light that is on. Then move the gear to down and press the other button - the light should be on next to it at this point. Given that the sequencer is all set up then you are good to go.

Richard I think is refering to a situation he helped me with a while ago. It seems that some of the older valves would sometimes create a situation where, no matter that the retract switch was in the down position, the gear would always go up when the tx was switched on - very annoying! This occured because the valve 'had a preference' for starting in a particular state without regard to instructions from the tx. Should this occur with you the solution is to swap the air lines over at the value i.e. just reverse them. Then make sure the sequencer is good and that should fix the problem. I think the newer valves do not suffer from this problem.

Good luck

Bob

..if you just move the Tx over the area of the model where the rx is located the Core screen will show an alert when you're close enough and you will see quite clearly on the screen that the signal has been lost. A very simple and effective solution evan if not on the function list!

Bob