Beiträge von BWUK

I know for sure that 3.24 UDI 16 works with Mercury and gives 16 channels Have that working in my Carf P47. Jeti may have updated things so other versions may now work. Just my view but it is this type of confusion that has me moving to Core as soon as it's available. Makes sense for me because I only use PB stuf anyway

Bob

Hi,

Crashed my Extra and although the Gemini did not sustain a direct impact it was subjected to a rapid deceleration :). When next trying to power up, there is a delay in the second orange light which causes the first to go out. This results in the ability to have just one green light on at a time. When I connect just one battery, I get one green light as normal. However, if I disconnect the one that works and connect the other battery, no light is visible at the switch. If I connect both batteries then the one that works comes on and then with too long a delay the second one comes on but the first has gone out and so on. So went through the routine of connecting one battery at a time to make sure that both were in the off position and tried again but with the same result. I then made sure that both switch positions were on and disconnected the switch altogether. I then connected both batteries and the system worked as normal i.e. both batteries were delivering power and were visible at the transmitter via telemetry. It therefore appears like a switch problem so I installed a new switch but the problem remains. It appears then that there is a problem with the Gemini - perhaps a damaged pin in the switch connector? Am thinking that I should send the unit to you for service using the Service Form? If you think this is the right thing to do, should send just the unit and switch or do you need all of the cables also?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Bob

Hi Richard,

The issue for me is that I can not get internet connection in my workshop. So I have to download the files to my computer and then take my computer to the plane and manually upload. This process works fine once the source location for the correct files has been tracked down. It would be nice to have a button in PowerBox Terminal that just allowed a software download that could be used without an internet connection. It is not a big point or any way a priority - just a small refinement that would simplify things for some of us.

bob

Hi Richard,

I have a mercury installed in a Carf P-47 at 26Kg. I use two Rsat2 satellite receivers and the LMA / CAA are completely happy with this type of configuration. I think you have the option of 4 satellites with spectrum so should be good to go.

Bob

...for what it's worth, changing the frame rates within the Mercury system had no effect on the jerkiness of servo movements. It's unsettling but no flight performance effect. Would be nice to fix though.

Bob

..certainly 3.25 did NOT work. I'm afraid that for me Jeti has become much too confusing in its developments and lack of appropriate documentation so I shall be moving to Core when available.

Bob

Hi, Philippegaston,

I have Jeti Dc 16 and use PB Royal and Powerbus in a Carf Skygate Hawk. Must use Jeti version 3.24 and UDI - all works well. I fell into the same trap in that I updated my Jeti firmware to 3.25 and could only get 12 channels. You will be fine with 3.24!

Bb

Hi Richard,

You are correct - I have just confirmed that the valve was the problem.Thanks for the info re Horst Lenerz - I will follow up with him. However, for those with this problem the solution for now is to reverse the air in and out and reverse the gear switch. It seems that the valve has an inbuilt 'preference' for its starting position and this is activated ahead of the tx signal at start up. So it's necessary to change this preference and the only way to do it for now is as above.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

Hi Richard,

A little more information. Using the sequence above - when first set up, everything works as it should. If I turn the PB off but leave the Tx on everything works as it should when I turn the PB back on. However, if I turn both the PB and Tx off then, when I turn both on again, the gear immediately goes UP and the doors remain open. If I then blip the switch to up and quickly back to down, the gear comes down and the doors remain open. From this point the gear works normally.

Hope this helps

Bob