Posts by BWUK

Hi Richard,

I've found the problem. I have PB extention leads on the switch and screen. I've just removed those to rule them out and the unit now works correctly.. So - I have a defective lead. All the pins are good so it must be somewhere in the ribbon. Guess I should have checked it before. Something else learned!

Best

Bob

Hi Richard,

I have a new Mercury as yet unflown which gave a Regulator Malfunction message during the set up phase. I tried the usual trick of making sure that all the switch postions were correct and so on but without result. The Malfunction was on both sides. I sent the unit in for repair and I received it back today (thanks for the fast turnaround). Unfortunately the unit is still displaying the same message. I only have the PB batteries connected. If the unit isn't defective and I only have PB batteries connected I'd be grateful for any thoughts you might have as to the possible cause? Could it be the switch?

Thanks

Bob

Hello Rainer,

Could you explain a little more please? Not sure what you mean by 'Chance the model on the Core Transmitter'

Thanks

Bob

Hi Richard,

Was just finalising a set up prior to sending the Tx in when the screen began to misbehave as expected. I then went to the servo monitor to check the overall set up and noticed that one of the aileron servos was running slowly. Checked the servo and found that 13 seconds of run time had been added to the servo setting. Am wondering if this indicates something a little more serious than just a malfunctioning touch screen?

Bob

Hi Richard,

My Core screen has begun to behave erratically as illustrated in the video -

. In all other respects the Tx seems to be working just fine and maintains postive contol of the aeroplane. Serial Number 98874, software version 1.4, Transceiver 1.5 and Stick Controller 1.3. Switching on and off does sometimes clear it but today even that wasn't guaranteed to work. Grateful for any thoughts

Bob

Pigna:

..well yes I could but one end of the lead goes into RX1 or RX2 and the other goes into either the P2Bus port or the M link port. Not much to photograph really.

Richard,

I've repeated the update process and Terminal reported successful updates for both Rxs and the Mercury but with the same results. All still functions normally with M-Link. Since P2Bus is not crtitical for this application I'll continue on with M-Link and wait to see if the issues occurs with others.

Thanks for help

Bob

Hi Richard,

I have updated the Mercury again with the same result. I'm always concerned that I'm not connecting or setting the system correctly but in this case there's so little to get wrong! I'll update everything again and report back.

Thanks

Bob

..further update.

Went to make sure that I had updated the Mercury correctly to v9 (which I had). So I had the mercury switched on- but without the Tx being on - and the same condition occured. All retured to normal when switching back to M-Link.

Bob

Hi Richard,

Works normally when returned to M-Link but does not work properly with P2Bus. Am wondering if it could be gyro related? There's no discernable pattern to the way the control surfaces move - but they move uncommanded.

Bob

Hi Richard,

Have successfully upgraded Core, Mercury and 2 PB26 -D to latest software to gain access to P2bus and new gyro features. Receivers are connected via the P2Bus ports and I have the Mercury set to P2Bus. However, I have no control over the servos. They power up and move randomly until I power down. Previously set up in M Link and working well. Software versions are: Core 1.4, Transceiver 1.5, Stickcontroller 1.3, Receivers 1.4, Mercury V09.

Thanks for any help

Bob