Posts by BWUK

Hi,

Given that the Core takes some moments to close down and restart (not a complaint!) I'm wondering if there is, or could be, a failsafe test menu function that doesn't involve switching the tx on and off?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Gary,

Had a similar situation. In my case it turned out to be a bent pin which, once straightened, fixed the problem. Worth checking - just in case.

Bob

Hi Richard,

I'm not trying to update the receiver. I thought I needed to follow this post from you. If I don't need it, what was your purpose in posting it?

To use on or two M-Link receivers with a SRS prduct (iGyro, Mercury SRS, Cockpit SRS, Royal SRS...) you have to set the Data oputput of the receivers to "SRXL". To do that, you need a USB interface adapter from Multiplex or PowerBox.

You can download the free software from the Multiplex Website: MPX Launcher When the program is installed - proceed with following steps:

&thumbnail=1&thumbnail=1

When using two receivers: set the Hold and Failsafe Time top 0.2s and 0.0s

&thumbnail=1&thumbnail=1

The receiver is now ready to connect to the PowerBox SRS.

Hi Richard,

Perhpas I should been a little clearer - I seem to have lost the title of my post. I'm not trying to update the receiver, I'm trying to connect it to a Mercury. To do this I have set the data output of the rx to SRXL. For this I need the MPX Launcher as per your post. The Launcher is not recognising the rx. This is my issue.

Sor for the confusion.

Bob

Hi Richard,

Have tried to set up PBR 26D as advised via MPX Launcher but without success. The Launcher I have downloaded looks different to the one in your post. When I connect the rx just rapid blinking green light and slow red.

Any advice please?

Thanks

Bob

I know for sure that 3.24 UDI 16 works with Mercury and gives 16 channels Have that working in my Carf P47. Jeti may have updated things so other versions may now work. Just my view but it is this type of confusion that has me moving to Core as soon as it's available. Makes sense for me because I only use PB stuf anyway

Bob

Hi,

Crashed my Extra and although the Gemini did not sustain a direct impact it was subjected to a rapid deceleration :). When next trying to power up, there is a delay in the second orange light which causes the first to go out. This results in the ability to have just one green light on at a time. When I connect just one battery, I get one green light as normal. However, if I disconnect the one that works and connect the other battery, no light is visible at the switch. If I connect both batteries then the one that works comes on and then with too long a delay the second one comes on but the first has gone out and so on. So went through the routine of connecting one battery at a time to make sure that both were in the off position and tried again but with the same result. I then made sure that both switch positions were on and disconnected the switch altogether. I then connected both batteries and the system worked as normal i.e. both batteries were delivering power and were visible at the transmitter via telemetry. It therefore appears like a switch problem so I installed a new switch but the problem remains. It appears then that there is a problem with the Gemini - perhaps a damaged pin in the switch connector? Am thinking that I should send the unit to you for service using the Service Form? If you think this is the right thing to do, should send just the unit and switch or do you need all of the cables also?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Bob

Hi Richard,

The issue for me is that I can not get internet connection in my workshop. So I have to download the files to my computer and then take my computer to the plane and manually upload. This process works fine once the source location for the correct files has been tracked down. It would be nice to have a button in PowerBox Terminal that just allowed a software download that could be used without an internet connection. It is not a big point or any way a priority - just a small refinement that would simplify things for some of us.

bob

Hi Richard,

I have a mercury installed in a Carf P-47 at 26Kg. I use two Rsat2 satellite receivers and the LMA / CAA are completely happy with this type of configuration. I think you have the option of 4 satellites with spectrum so should be good to go.

Bob