Posts by BWUK

...for what it's worth, changing the frame rates within the Mercury system had no effect on the jerkiness of servo movements. It's unsettling but no flight performance effect. Would be nice to fix though.

Bob

..certainly 3.25 did NOT work. I'm afraid that for me Jeti has become much too confusing in its developments and lack of appropriate documentation so I shall be moving to Core when available.

Bob

Hi, Philippegaston,

I have Jeti Dc 16 and use PB Royal and Powerbus in a Carf Skygate Hawk. Must use Jeti version 3.24 and UDI - all works well. I fell into the same trap in that I updated my Jeti firmware to 3.25 and could only get 12 channels. You will be fine with 3.24!

Bb

Hi Richard,

You are correct - I have just confirmed that the valve was the problem.Thanks for the info re Horst Lenerz - I will follow up with him. However, for those with this problem the solution for now is to reverse the air in and out and reverse the gear switch. It seems that the valve has an inbuilt 'preference' for its starting position and this is activated ahead of the tx signal at start up. So it's necessary to change this preference and the only way to do it for now is as above.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

Hi Richard,

A little more information. Using the sequence above - when first set up, everything works as it should. If I turn the PB off but leave the Tx on everything works as it should when I turn the PB back on. However, if I turn both the PB and Tx off then, when I turn both on again, the gear immediately goes UP and the doors remain open. If I then blip the switch to up and quickly back to down, the gear comes down and the doors remain open. From this point the gear works normally.

Hope this helps

Bob

Hi Richard,

Am using Mercury sequencer in Carf P-47 so - mode 1 but with a single set of doors i.e. all doors driven by one Jetronic door valve (gear is driven by Jetronic valve also). I have carefully set up the sequencer now on two occasions and on each occasion it initially works perfectly i.e. gear correctly responds to Tx switch position and everything happens in correct sequence. If I switch the PB off and then later switch it back on everything works ok. But, after about four or five times when PB has been switched on and off, the sequencer then goes out of control. My Tx will not come on unless the gear switch is in the down position. Before switching on I always set the gear in the down position with doors open. When I now switch on, the gear doors close first and then the gear retracts. So not only is the sequencer not responding to the correct Tx switch position, it's actually working out of sequence.

Can you give me any insights as to why this is happening please?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Richard,

A little more help please. I now have the gyro set in rate mode for FM 2 and 3 i.e. Attitude Assist OFF. With gain set to 100% for test purposes I only get a small deflection on all of the control surfaces - something like 2 - 5%. Can you think of any reason why I'm not getting the full 100%?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bob

Thank you Richard. You say 'of course' as though it's blindingly obvious. It is to you because you are an expert. For me I'm just inexperienced - but not stupid. I can only work with the product and documentation you provide. I'm a huge fan of PB but if there is one weakness it is that too many assumptions are made as to what is obvious and what is not.

But thanks again for prompt response and clarification

Bob

...ok - so - if I understand you correctly - if I select FM 2 or FM 3 and switch Attitude Assist OFF then it automatically defaults to Rate Mode? If this is correct then my confusion stems from the fact that there is nothing to tell me that 'off' = Rate Mode.

B

Thanks Richard,

Am sorry but I don't understand what you mean by 'Remove Attitude Assist Hook'. I currently have Attitude Assist Standard and Attitude Assist Full set. If I go into Gyro Settings all I can do is switch them on or off for each control surface. I presume what your saying is that in Gyro Settings I can't change Attitude Assist Standard to Rate Mode - I must start again and do a complete reset with the Set Up Assistant?

Bob

Hi Richard,

Thanks for prompt reply as usual. Please bare with me - am new to gyros.

I want to be able to set the FM switch to FM1 - off, FM2 Rate Mode and FM3 Rate Mode (will have different rates for each of FM2 and FM3. How can I do this without a reset OR is there another way of achieving the same thing by adjusting the Assist settings?

Thanks

Bob