Posts by emivita

Hello, i have aquestion, can you please explain if the Mercury SRS expert menu feature ( Servo range / speed adjustment) applies only to the LDG channels or it can be used to any channel of the Mercury ? For example can i use the expert menu to adjust the extension speed of a flap ?

thanks

EV

Richard

yes I checked the Pins but I also crossed the oled display between two Mercury and it was confirmed that the malfunction follow the old display.

thanks

some times inverted But with Image shifting hiding The bottom Line. some other times The display simply show only scratches no numbers And no letters, only noise. Hard To beileve But this Mercury -oled display never flew i only performed the set up And ground run of The turbine once.

Hi

The display of Mu Mercury shows inverted text when Power on. If i move The connector out And in The display shows correctly. But At The Next Power on It shows inverted again.

Hi Richard

after i received back the battery ( 2500x3 Pro ) from Powerbox i flew it into my turbine model a few times. First time i performed succesfully three start and flights. The second time i started the turbine it aborted the auto start without apparent reason. Following start was ok. At third second start there was a low volt message. i recharged the battery using the 24 volt adpater and i flew. But after three minutes of flight the turbine shutted off. after Landing i noticed that the turbine was not powered ( did not perform the cooling down ) . I re-cycle the battery and didn t find any thing wrong with it but i lost confidence in the battery. i installed a normal lipo 2200 MA since and the turbine started properly, i din t flight the model yet because of the extensive repair but i did run the engine on ground without any other task other then the battery replacement. Qustion is am i the only person having expereinced this type of malfunction ?

It is certainly disappointing to have spent 120 euro plus three times shipping cost for the battery repair and in the end to reverrt to a 25 euro lipo.

I understand that the discharge time of the 2500x2 PRO from full charge to long term storage takes two days, so this seems to be fine at least for the three battery i have checked so far.

For what concern the 2500X3 Pro returned to you on monday that doesnt allow more than one -two start of the turbine i wait for your feedback. I hope you will replace it.

thanks

HI Richard, i charged two other 2500x2 pro and than installed the batt life guard. the red ligh went off 2 days after. i was miss lead by reading this statement:

>td >

Battlife Guard is simply plugged into the battery connector, and the electronic circuit then detects whether the pack's voltage is above a particular level. If the voltage is higher than the voltage threshold which is harmful for the battery, then the unit gently discharges the pack to a lower voltage level over a period of several hours.

So now i know what several hours means no PB. I was just worried that the batt would deep discharge.

PS the defective 2500x3 PRO was delivered to you this morning.

thanks

Richard

you may recall that i sent to you 8 power pack (seven 2500x2 Pro and one 2500x 3 Pro).

I installed 5 of them into two models. and on two of them i installed the batt life guard and i noticed that one powerpack batt life guard red light went off after about 6 hours and on the second battery ( SN 284487 ) it is still on after one day . I fully recharged this power pack and resinstalled the batt life guard ( a different one ) but the red light after two days stil doesn t go off . I installed the battery and i notice that the bar charge was only a little down. i understood that the batt life guard should discharge the batt down to the safe voltage in a few hours not days. Pls advise , is this normal ?

thanks

Richard, after full discharge with the Polaron i recharged again with the Polaron. the max charge was 1600 ma.

this morning i shipped the battery to you ( third time ) if you don t find any thing wrong that can surely fix the malfunction you can waste it into the garbage. I am not going to install it again dirve 100Km to the flying field and back for nothing.

i am flying the model with a 25 euro battery ( i am sure you understand me )

thanks

Richard

what I am saying is that when I usually connect LIPO battery the charger requires that I connect the batt cell. Therefore if you ask me to connect the powerback which doesn t have the cell connector to the LIPO charger I wonder how this is possible.

Perhaps I should set up the charger to recharge and discharge the powerpack without balancing,is this what you mean .?

Also shall I connect the charger to the powerpack MPX connector (output ) ?

tx

Richard

Today I used the powerpack 2500 x 3 PRO that you repaired once because not able to recharge and that I returned to you for software up grade, see previous post above. surprisingly I was able to perform one start , the second start failed due to low batt message. I recharged the battery fully and was able to make two start. The third start aborted due to low batt.

Note the turbine is an evotec 160. I would expect that a 2500 MA should be enough to perform at least three start.

please inform if I shall return the battery again to you for repair.

thanks

Hi Richard

last night i connected to the charger the powerpak 2500 x 3 Pro that you have repaired about two months ago and since i used only once. after the all night the battery didn't recharge . Therefore this morning i sent to you this battery plus the Qty 7 2500 x 2 Pro that we have discussed here above.

Note the two 2500 x 2 Pro subject to deep discharge have a red tag on -

thanks