Posts by R. Soderberg

Thank you Richard,
    I will remove the evolution unit and send to you folks for a check up, If I send the 2- 2800 batteries with the unit, can you also confirm they are ok? These units are the old style have only the 2 wire remote LED. I would be happy to pay an extra charge to replace these batteries with the new style if you folks are willing to do this please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Roy Soderberg

I have an evolution in my Spitfire, it is powered from 2 of the power box 2800 batteries, Usually I will fly 2 or 3 (8 - 10 min) flights in a day, when I charge the system the for the next days flying, one battery will charge in less than 1 hr, the second battery will take up to 2.5 to 3 hrs to reach full charge, is this normal? I was under the impression both batteries should be draining at approximately the same rate.Please advise if you think there is a problem, I have changed out both batteries with new ones and still the same situation occurs, always on the same power input (voltage regulator?)
    Thanks,
    Roy

Hello,
    I'am thinking of upgrading my next Powerbox system to the Mercury presently only using the evolution, I was wondering if this unit only runs on serial bus, or if you can still run standard old style wiring system? I have no knowledge of the SBus system I hope this is not a dumb question>

Hello,
    I have an Evolution Spectrum in My Sea Fury, the engine I'am using is the Moki 250 with electric starter. The engine instructions indicate using a 40amp esc for the starter, which is what I have installed. My question is the ESC. plugs into a channel of the evolution, which is programmed to operate power on/power off by a momentary switch on the transmitter. Power to the esc comes from a 3s lipo battery to drive the starter motor.
    However the ESC also provides power to the reciever at a nominal 5.8 volts. I do not have a strong knowledge of electronics, but will this not cause a problem, and potential damage to the receiver, if I power the evolution unit up and the ESC at the same time? If this is the case what is the solution to allow me to connect the ESC to the system without doing damage. I hope this makes sense. :?

I have just purchased a evolution spectrum and intend to use it with my DX-18 , however I wish to know if I can use the 8 channel expander module with evolution spectrum unit or if I have purchased the the wrong unit for this application.
    Thanks,
    Roy