Posts by gbrod

thank you,

- Yes, i would use a knob to set "turn on" mode to avoid using it in flight

- When one aileron is in assist mode, would you set the other to rate mode or to "off" (zero gain)?

Will investigate delta mode, never used it

Great support,

Best

George

hello and thanks for the support

Let me clarify:

I could set up a three position switch, 1) just for turning on the Mercury, with one aileron up and one aileron down with the idea to set the zero points like that.

2) flying, both ailerons up therefire one is still at "zero" and in assist mode

3) landing, both ailerons down therefore one is still at "zero" and in assist mode

How do you setup tailerons for giro?

Best

George

I have a bvm f16 and as you may know, the ailerons also work as flaps for landing.

I would like to set my Mercury to Assist mode for aileron. Here is the problem: when I turn the unit on, it reads the zero with ailerons in normal position. For landing, the ailerons go down as flaps and therefore are off zero and the giro automatically goes to rate mode.

A possible solution is to turn the unit on with one aileron in flying position (lets say the right wing) and the other in flap position (lets say the left wing). The Mercury has separate giro functions for aileron A and aileron B and therefore the zero would be set separately for each aileron

Right aileron would be in assist mode when flying, left would be in rate mode (or off). When landing, the left aileron woukd be in assist mode, the right in rate mode (or off)

Any thoughts?

Best

George

thank you

Without claiming to be an expert at all, here is my experience with my f16 bvm 1/6 scale

1) v9, all modes in hard

2) all modes rudder rate about 10% only, otherwise it fights me out of the turns

3) for normal flying, both rate and assist modes work equaly well (no noticeable difference, elevatir around 20%, aileron around 45%, plane feels solid

4) for landing mode, flaperons down, tailerons on, I am still trying to figure it out.

a) the fact that the ailerons act as flaps means that they are off the "zero" and therefore the giro is fading out noticeably

b) because of flaperons down, i cant use assist mode for landing which i woukd like to try. Maybe I should try turning on the unit flaps down to set the zero there, and use rate mode for normal flight; does rate mode care where the zero is except for the fading out? If not, i could increase gain to compensate. Thoughts?

Best

George

Can I safely assume that if i am in Attitude Assist mode, when i go to flaperons down, the behavior of the ailerons is the same as if i started in rate mode, of course with less gain (which i can adjust) because they are "off zero"

Soery for the many questions and thanks again for the great support

Hmm,

1) Will it then perform as rate mode?

2) If I use rate mode, and the only effect is to reduce gain, i can start this mode with a higher gain to compensate for the reduction

Txs for your support :)

hi,

My f16 has flaperons, and lowers both ailerons as flaps

Since the zero is no longer the same as in normal flight mode (where the radio was turned on), does it mean that it no longer is in attitude assist mode? Does it revert to rate mode? What happens in that situation?

Best

George

hi,

I set "elevator gain" to channel 10, aileron to 11 and rudder to 12

I change the values in the tx for my different fliy modes (fly, land, hover, etc) and always stay in FM1. It gives me greater flexibility because I can have more than 3 modes, use sliders for values, etc

Is that ok?

Is there any difference vs setting fixed values and using FM1, FM2 and FM3

Thanks

George

hi,

I upgraded to v09, the model flys smoother. Howevr, upon touch down, it swings up which causes it to balloon

It did this on two different landings. I read something similar in the Igiro forums

Any thoughts?

Thank you fir your great support

George

I understand completely what you are saying and i agree with the technicalities

However, can you elaborate more why you are using "hold" instrad of "rate" mode?

Everybody around here (florida) seems to agree to fly only rate mode and hold mode is sort of a no-no

Thanks

Hi

My trim with flaps down in my jet is about 25 clicks nose down from level flight

Should I turn radio on with flaps down? Flaps up? does it matter for the gyro where "trim flight" is?

Best

George

thank you

Is there a way to change soft to normal to hard to ultra from the transmitter?

Like chainging the gain?

Hi,

If soft is a "normal" before, do I need to change gain values? Or is behaviour the same ?

I see "soft","normal',"hard", "ultra"

Should they have similar or different gain values ?

Are normal snd assist modes still valid and similar as before?

Can you please elaborate more in the use of all these enhancements?

Thank you