Posts by tazjets

Hi Richard,

So I have bought a number of these servos and planning to put 7 x HPS-A700 connected to my Royal in one jet and connect another 7 x HPS-A700 to my Mercury on my other jet.

Have you tested them? Recommendations please? Futaba claims lower power consumption. However some people say the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pgCBavvRJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppbd1SSM1mw

Especially on the Royal what is your recommendation? Can I use the Powerbus to connect 3 of them on one bus? Or better just make cables and connect each one of them on the Royal.

Do you want me to send them to you to test?

Thanks, Tassos

Thanks Richard,

No I would like to keep the discharging effect. What does the battlife guard do and how should I use it? Shall I use it in the batteries I already have or only the ones you repaired? Please let me know if the repaired batteries are now ready and been sent back to me.

Thanks, Tassos

Thanks Richard,

I have another 2 batteries x 2.5PRO and another 3 batteries x 5.0PRO which are working ok. What to do with those batteries? Send them to you for software upgrade as well?

Thanks, Tassos

Hi Richard,

No, only supply 12V from the Graupner charger and never connect to charge before the charger is on and stable. But I can buy your charger as well.

Anyway, I have sent the batteries for you to open and review the problem. Should arrive to you in 10-15 days.

Happy New Year

Thanks, Tassos

Hi Richard,

I have another 2 batteries that have become faulty and are not charging any more but also not auto-discharging, the red light is not working at all.

They're stuck at 7.9V and 7.4V. Normally these batteries should charge at any voltage correct? But they're not starting to charge.

I have 4 batteries - 3 have become faulty. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I just feed them with 12V.

Serial Numbers: 256191, 258651, 256196.

Very weird and there's nothing I can do about it. They're not charging at all.

And I cannot fly :cursing::cursing::cursing: and very frustrated and sad.

Tassos

Hi Richard,

Definitely something wrong. Yes it got hot laying around and it now discharged down to 0 today. Then I'm connecting the charger and the battery is again getting hot at the front and the red light is not coming on.

I bought these from der-schweighofer if I remember correctly or from Jautsch. I cannot tell because I got 2 from Jautsch and 2 from Schweighofer.

It is too expensive for me to send it back from Dubai to you anyway (postage is around 40Euros) I would prefer to fix it here and also would take a long time to repair and it is flying season here.

Is there any other way if I open the pack to repair locally? But if the battery is dead it's dead also - cannot revive Lipo batteries from 0 Voltage.

Thanks, Tassos

Hi Richard,

See what happened last night to one of my Powerpak batteries. It's overheating at the front and now I cannot charge it anymore it's completely discharged.

Can I fix it alone here in Dubai? Why could this happen in such expensive batteries;(;(?

Thanks, Tassos

Hi Rich,

Finally this year I managed to setup the iGyro in my Delta Wing Aviation Design Mirage 2000. Fantastic flying machine. And with the gyro it becomes really stable at take off and full speed.

I had to set up the gyro sensitivity x 4 because during 'TESTFLY ASSISTANT' I reached 100% gain.

I have the following set up:

Wing type setting: Delta Wing

With installed GPS II

Aileron A gain normal: 55%

Aileron A gain heading: 22%

Airspeed factor:3

Boost:1

Elevator A gain normal: 80%

Elevator A gain heading: 40%

Airspeed factor:3

Boost:1

Perfect and great scale flight however my problems that you might be able to help me with:

1) At full speed and slow speed the airplane is very stable but at medium speed there's oscillation only around the aileron axis. Elevator is perfect but there's oscillation around the aileron axis. only at medium speed around 170km/h. Shall I experiment with the Boost and Airspeed factor? Increase or decrease?

2) The sticks are very 'hard', ie the airplane is slow to respond, especially around aileron axis. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot,

Tassos

Yes no fades at all, no frame loss, no holds. Maybe in one of your next firmware revisions you will find a way to eliminate this flashing, or maybe have just one dot on the screen when Jeti is selected. Just an idea, I'm sure you can come up with a better ideas than me

Thanks Richard

Hi Richard, Ingmar,

A quick question, small detail, not critical.

I have now deployed in 3 airplanes the set up with ENLINK (2xREX3 +900Mhz) and works fantastically. However have you noticed on the display, the 2 dots that are showing the Rx status keep on flashing between the 2 receivers, some time they are both on and some times the left one is off and the right one is on and some times vice versa.

I have done exactly the same set up in 3 PB Royal now and all have the same indication. However, no frame losses, no holds, no antenna fades, all works well, tested in flight and the system seems very robust.

How do you explain that? Is the Jeti integration in the PB not complete 100%?

Thanks, Tassos

OK thanks, I programmed it with simple Delta --> GY-Aileron A for left stabilizer and and GY-Elevator A for right stabilizer.

Works great and looking forward to see the results in flight.

Richard, what is the difference between BOOST and GYRO SENSE x4?

Thanks, Tassos