Posts by Ruskind

Hi Richard connected to battery and y lead for 25 mins, just slow flashing. Does it need to lock onto a gps satellite? As I’m trying this indoors.

David

Hi Richard,

Left the GPS on for 5 mins with blucomm on GPS selected but didn’t press ‘quick connect’ green light only flashes slowly, after the 5 mins pressed ‘quick connect’ even though the light only slow, after counting down the screen returned to GPS and no connection. There is no ‘next’ button on my iPhone bluecomm.

D

Hi Richard,

I have just purchased a new GPS2, connected it to the bluecomm to set for Jeti but it updated first, BUT I'm sure the screen said current version v13 new version v10 but it updated successfully anyway, now the GPS will not connect to the bluecomm at all and only has a slow flashing green light. Any ideas please.

David

Could I use a single GPS2 unit through a made up Y lead to provide telemetry to my Jeti rx and speed input to my Igiro 3e?

Hi, please can you tell me why we shouldn't use the Jeti gyro functions for the 3E. I have two jets set up on Jeti with the giro programme using flight modes to vary the gain and the giro works fine.

Is there a problem with the jeti gyro programme?

Hi Richard, I'm about to install two MPX Pro 16 RX's with the Competition SRS, when I installed this setup on another plane some 3 years ago I had to disable the telemetry on one RX as per the competition instructions at the time, do I still have to do this?

Regards David R

Hi, App downloaded and all works again!

But when I'm at the flying field and not in range of wifi or 4G when the app starts up and looks for updates it hangs, should the app enable the user to ask for updates rather than go for them straight away?

David

Hi Richard,
    I have updated my iPhone and iPad to IOS 9 and now neither will recognise the bluecomm device through Bluetooth. My bluecomm device is still recognised by other iPhones not on IOS 9, is there anything that needs updating in the bluecomm app?

Thanks David

Hi Richard, I have restarted the terminal programme after the Java update and now the programme opens and displays the gain screen!
    I have connected the laptop to the 3e usb slot on the giro now installed in the model, and have the tx slider setup to adjust the gains, the slider gives me red lights one way and green the other so is working, but the gain slide displayed on the laptop screen does not move at all. Is this correct?

David

Richard,
    I have been able to open the terminal programme OK, but my java system told me an update was needed, to version 8/31 as the version downloaded with your programme was out of date. Now the terminal programme will not open. Please advise.
    David

HI Richard
    Yes I have replaced my version of the terminal programme with the new one. I have the power plugged into the gain slot, the usb connected to my laptop, the terminal programme now offers me 3 com ports,1,2 and 5, none of which connect. I get the message no powerbox connected after i try each com port. Please advise.

Hi Richard,
    How should I connect the 3e to the setup programme, I have connected the USB lead to the 3e that has power to one servo socket and then connected to the terminal programme, the programme starts but doesn't recognise the 3e and has the standard startup screen which doesn't mention the 3e. Please advise.

David

Richard,
    When I briefly press the two buttons on the sensor switch I get the flight recorder screen on the powerbox, but the giro screen stays as giro status. I can't see a menu on the giro for the flight recorder so how do i see it?

David

Hi Richard,
    IGiro v21, powerbox competition v20, MPX RX's RM12P v1.26.

I have a similar set up in another plane, of cockpit srs at v16 and 2 MPX RX's at v1.26 and the flighrecorder works, but it does not have an iGiro.

David

Hi Richard,
    I have set the FS to 0.0 on both RX's but I can only set the hold down to 0.20 in the options set. I can now see 'holds' incrementing each time I power the TX off but nothing in the Ant Fades or lost frames boxes, even when I get 0% LQI on a range check.

Progress though.
    D

Hi Richard, I have tried switching off the TX with the Flight recorder being displayed, nothing is show except for the -, I tried switching the TX off then displaying the flight recorder, nothing except the -. The MPX Rx's displayed red lights and flashed missing frames, but nothing on the powerbox.
    David

Hello Richard,
    The giro set up and senses all working well. Before I do the test flight I did an extensive range check, walking far enough away to measure when the servos started to twitch and fail. On getting back to the plane, both the MPX RX's were flashing with fades as expected but when I selected the powerbox competition flight recorder, no fades, holds or anything was recorded , just the - sign. I switched on and off did it again with the same result. The IGiro is set to M-Link and the powerbox to S-Bus, the giro is plugged to RX1 and RX4 and all the servos are working correctly. It seems the flight recorder is not being updated, have I forgotten something?
    regards
    David