Posts by DHC8

Receivers had the wrong firmware. I guess I installed the wrong one when I updated them before installing them. Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I seem to only have access to 12ch in the output menu in the mercury. There is no direct 13-14-15. It stops at 12. Am I missing something?

Louis

Ok a little update, when I tried the update process again, it comes up in RescueMode. I select the cockpit srs v26 file, then click on update and it’s doing the same thing. Seems hung up on “Preparing...”.

Sorry what I meant to say is not 0% status, it should say “Preparing”. The status display on the program never went past preparing.

Hello,

I am trying to up date my cockpit SRS via the USB adapter and my pc. The program recognizes the cockpit and says there is an update available. I click on update then the screen went blank on the cockpit srs and then the progress bar never went past 0%. I left it connected for 30min and the progress bar never went past 0%. I tried to abort the process but nothing was responding. I disconnected the power from the cockpit srs, and now it seems to be bricked. (Not responding). The leds on the switch work, and I can turn it on and off, however the screen never turns on, and the cockpit srs is unresponsive. Now when I try to reconnect the the USB is says no device detected, which I assume that’s because it’s not in PC mode. Unfortunately though the screen won’t turn on so I’m un able to do anything with the unit. Is there a way to force it to connect and retry the update?

Ok, so I guess it must be that I’ve made an error in my set up. At least i know that there’s nothing wrong with my equipment. Just curious, how much is the cost to update my signal controller and what would be the benifit of updating? Thanks.

Hello,

*** I AM NOT SURE WHAT SIGNAL CONTROLLER VERSION I HAVE*** I can only see 18.5 when I start up. I assume it’s version 5.

I need some help to configure my set up. I am having difficulty getting everything to work as I would like. Here is what I have and how I currently have it set up.

TX is Jeti DS-16, with 2 R3 running in UDI mode, frame rate set to 10, and fail safe is disabled. TX is updated to latest firmware, RX are on UDI16 3.24 (as I found that 3.25 only allows 12ch)

I am also using the PowerBus system for all control surfaces. So one box for the 4 tail servos, and each wing has a box for each of their servos. All tail servos on in A and all wing servos are in B on the royal.

2 x Aileron servos

2 x Elevator Servos

2 x Rudder servos

4 x Flap servos

2 x Air brake servos

2 x Turbine

1 x gear servo

1 x brake servo

1 x canopy servo

1 x nose wheel steering servo

So this is how it’s set up

CH1 - AIL #1 Input A

CH2 - AIL #2 Input B

CH3 - ELV #1 Input C

CH4 - ELV #2 Input D

CH5 - Throttle Input L/M to control both turbines

CH6 - Rudder #1 Input E

CH7 - Rudder #2 Input F

CH8 - Flaps left side Input G

CH9 - Flaps right side Input H

CH10 - Gear input Q

CH11 - Brakes Input P

CH12 - Airbrake servo #1 Input I

CH13 - Airbrake servo #2 Input J

CH14 - Canopy Input O

CH15 - will be gyro gain

CH16 - Nosewheel steering Input K

All Chanel’s are set up as Direct, I do not have anything assigned to an gyro Chanel’s at this time.

So I am having problems trying to match and reverse the servos that need to be reversed. When I try to reverse one of the elevator servos, it seems to reverse both of them. Also if I try to reverse an elevator servo in my TX, nothing happens.

So how would you set it up? I understand that I can have several of these on one Chanel, but then how do I match/reverse the servos as needed? Thanks.

Louis

hello,

I recently acquired a Royal SRS and when I turned it on I saw that it was V09.5. So I connected my bluecom adapter and did an update which brought it up to V12.

I have read on this forum that there has been mention of a hardware up grade for units that were anything lower then V10. If so can you tell me the difference between mine as it is now and one that has been upgraded?

Also is there a cost for the upgrade?

Thanks.

Louis

Hello,

I had only one battery connected when I turned on the unit and then connected the #2 battery while the system was already switched on. The screen started to flicker and now I only have control over the #1 battery. When I switch the system off the screen remains on and flickers. It also shows no voltage, and I get the telemetry alarm on my transmitter that there is no voltage. The switch seems to be doing it's job, but for some reason power is not fully off. If I only have battery #1 connected the system works fine, and shows voltage on #1, and none on #2. When I connect #2 batter when the system is off, the screen comes on and is flickering with 0 voltage showing on the screen. Then when I use the switch to turn this system "on" the screen continues to flicker but now shows voltage on #2, and 0 on #1. So it's functioning some what correctly. I have another switch from other Powerbox products so I tried a different switch to eliminate that possibility, and I get the same results with another switch. I just checked the shipping cost and it's very high, so I would like to know if there is anything I can do before I send it in for service. The unit is no longer under warranty, so shipping both ways plus repair will likly be very close to replacement cost.

Louis

I don't see iGyro SRS on the list of devices in the app. Only iGryo. Is that the one I should use? I did all the other steps previously, but as mentioned I could not find the SRS version on the list of devices, only the iGryo an the 3e, and 1e are the only ones on the device list.

Hello,

I understand that the Bluecom adapter is not supported by the iGyro SRS, but I understand you can update the gyro using the adapter. I have tried connecting to the iGyro with the adapter but there doesn't seem to be an option for the SRS in the initial menu. What is the procedure for updating the gyro with the blue come adapter?

I am just begining to set up my plane with the iGryo SRS and Jeti transmitter system (was helped by Richard to get me started, thank you) and was wondering if the iGyro provides servo matching?

I have two elevator servo's and are they matched? Or do I need to plug them into a servo matcher first, then into the Gyro? I have ordered a few of your new servo Matchers, so I can use one if needed.

Also one of my elevator servo's seems to be reversed, I tried to reverse the direction in the iGyro menu, but it didn't change the direction of the servo. Is this because I have the elevators set up on the same Chanel?

That pointed me in the right direction, thank you Richard. The only thing I will add, is that in the new line of Jeti Receivers (the REX series) you need to configure either E1, or E2 to UDI16, and not the EXT PIN as it is not configurable. Once I figured that out the system came alive, now I just have to figure out how to configure the transmitter.

Ok, that gives me a start. Is the UDI protocol the prefered protocol? As I mentioned this is all new to me, so I just want to make sure I am using the best settings for both the receiver and iGyro. Thanks again for the assistance, I will give those settings a try as soon as I can and report back here.