Posts by Alkaline

I am having a problem with the Mercury SRS (version 08) and spektrum SPM9745 satellites. I have 2 satelites plugged into rx port 1 and 4. The frame rate is set to 22 and I have tried both DSMX and DSMX18 mode. I am able to bind both satellites and see the solid orange light.

However, I am not getting any response from he servos, it appears they are not getting transmitter input.

What could be the problem here? It is not a binding issue as the TX clearly says the satellites have been bound on 22ms mode.

Recently my mercury srs unit has been giving me issues, it no longer holds elevator, this is in attitude assist mode, my jet starts diving and the gyro does nothing, I have to add trim to the plane to level it.

Then as the flight progresses, I notice now the plane is climbing, again the gyro is not doing anything, I have to add down trim to level.

This just started happening, what could be causing this? I flew many flights without issue.?(

Hello,

yes- if you want to have Aileron/Flaps and Aileron/Elevator, you can do that with Deltax2 option.

But usually the F16´s are done only with Aileron/Elevator Delta. Flaps and Ailerons without gyro.

Can you explain how the Delta x2 option works I have the same plane and I want to setup it so that both flaps and tail work like ailerons. Please supply step by step instructions

That plate is a 1/6th balsa fiberglass sandwhich which is secured with with 5 machine screws and HAS NO PLAY AT ALL and does not flex. You area completely crazy if you think everyone that has a shockwave Glues this plate in. you would not be able to install the gear or access if this plate was glued. This is a jet not some vibrating 2 stroke, that plate is completely secured no bending or flexing at all. They mercury is also secured.

I just found out that your system is incomptaible with the r7003SB because the rx goes into watchdog mode and will not wake up when using the IGYRO, I'm talkin with pilots in Europe that has lost planes. I will get the links and post the threads backing up what I said.

I think there maybe an issue with the futaba r7008SB as well.

What a waste, looks like you have no intentions of investigating and just prefer pointing fingers at the user :evil:

Please explain what you mean by:

One more question: if you are running the turbine on ground - in all RPM - are the surfaces still when gyro is on?

If you are saying if I tested the gyro on the ground then yes, however, I take off with gyro turned off and turn it on in the air, for landings I also have the gyro off.

For for trying the other 2 units:
    I'm not going to open the other 2 unless powerbox wants to issue me a refund for open units, I purchased them from Duralight Batteries and they do not accept returns for opened items. I can not risk my jet just to "try" the mercury, it is a safety issue and a financial one. Believe me if I was the only one that had issues I could say, ok lets try, but after talking to people I have on good Authority that even Bob Violet from BVM lost a model because of the IGYRO, similar situation where the unit would not respond to input.

Most of the people that are using the igyro are using the 3e unit, very few people appear to be using the integrated units, perhaps there is a problem with this setup? Sbus Issue? Not entirely sure, however, I think you guys need to do some research before making a conclusion that your units are fine.

Again, my posts were not to cause problems for powerbox, but just to provide you with notice form the field, we are having issues :cry:

I had 0 problems with signal when using the srs competition, now on the first flight with the mercury I have both receivers fail? I don't think so, the plane also did 2 rolls, I had the Mercury set to HD if anything it would have held that spot. I think I will just return the other 2 units that are new in the box and sell this one because it sounds like you guys have already made up your mind that their is no way your unit could have an issue, despite the fact that it is less than 1 year since introduction and 2 pilots have had problems that Extremely similiar using the same radio setup. :geek:

lost faith in your products....

The mercury is mounted securely to a wooden plate under the cockpit of the jet. There has never been any issue with control previously the plane has had over 30 successful flights, previously the jet was equipped with a powerbox SRS professional and only recently it was upgraded to the Mercury SRS. No signal issues ever.

The issue happened on the first flight with the mercury, I had a BVM rep look over the install and verify setting before flying, they were all approved. The gyro worked properly for about 4 minutes and it decided to go haywire as I started my 4 point roll here is exactly what happened:

I'm flying from right to left, I give aileron input to go into knife edge and add rudder to hold knife edge, then I release rudder and give aleiron input to go inverted, however the plane does not respond if keeps holding the knife edge potion, I have to begin turning gyro on/off to regain control, it does not respond. Then I flip from FM1 (gyro off to FM2 to FM3 back for Fm1) to see if it would respond it does not then the Plane does 2 fast rolls and is inverted, finally going from FM2 to FM1 I am able to regain control, at this point I am only 10 feet above the ground. Appx 15 witnesses see this happen.

I think there is either a compatibility issue with Futaba 18MZ or there is a software bug in the mercury, there is another post on this forum with a person having very similar issues where gyro goes crazy and does not respond to input.

I will post pictures shortly.

NOTE: I want to let you know I have 11 powerbox units: 5x SRS professional, 2x comptetion, 3x Mercury SRS (2 are still new in the box) and 1 power box royal so I have been using your products for many years. I also have 5 powerbox smoke pumps. This is the first time I have had such a problem.

BTW After my incident the BVM rep said he is taking the gyro out of his plane (he never flew it with the gyro turned on).

Ohh my god, I had the same thing happen to me, except mine did 2 fast rolls, Before doing the rolls the IGYRO stopped responding to inputs and I could not get control of it, I had to flip between mode 1 and mode 2 and then mode 1 - 2 - 3 and back to mode 1 (gyro off) to get it to respond I was 10 feet above the ground.

This all happend as I attempted to perform some 4 point rolls, I was in gyro on (mode 2).

I also have a futaba 18mz and was 2x r7008sb receivers. After reading your post I think I may just need to take this mercury out of my plane :|

Hi,

I did my first flight with the mercury srs and a shockwave jet today, initially everthing went very well as I turned the gyro, the gain was set to about 24% and the plane was flying well, I performed loops, turns no issues.

then I started to attempt a 4 point roll and the IGYRO locked me out, this was in mode 2 (gyro on, NOT heading hold) the gyro would not respond to input, so I tried turning the gyro off and nothing, then the gyro did 2.5 rolls and went inverted, finally after flipping the switch from 1-2-3 and back to 1 I was able to gain control of the aircraft.

I was very upset and now do not know what to do. My set is as follows:

Mercury SRS
    Futaba 18mz
    2x 7008SB rx
    GPS 2
    Power Box tele-converter.
    7.4 Lipo batteries.

I"m afraid to fly again with the gyro on, I have heard people have crashed there models where the gyro has taken away all control. Is there a log I can download from the unit to see what is causing this?