Posts by sirrom

Richard,

Since the above method won't work for me...I was wondering if I could set a barrier for a certain GPS Position. Lets say I go pass that position it sets an alarm, is this possible?

Patrick

This may be a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the forums. I have a Mercury and Royal both with GPS units. The value that I am interested in that the GPS reports back is distance . What I am trying to achieve is that when my plane hits a certain distance from the transmitter (the 2000 feet) that it alerts me (very tight fly zone). My question is as follows, is the distance that it provides a straight line. If you look at the image attached. Is the distance given by the GPS the distance to the flag or the distance to the airplane? The flag is a fixed point and so is the pilot (give or take 6 feet) if there is a different way of doing this I am open to any ideas.

Patrick

I have a powerbox competition and I want to extend the patch cables to reach the receiver without having to move the powerbox. Can I use regular extension cables or futaba sbus cables to extend them?

Patrick

Richard,

I have a follow up question. If I want to run through the basic setup assistant so I can eventually use the testfly assistant do I need to unhook all my servos or can I just leave them plugged into the power box. I guess my ultimate question is will the powerbox, during the basic setup assistant, override the endpoints in my radio possibly causing damage?

Patrick

Question is as follows. I have defined my outputs on my Royal for my servos and have test flown the plane. If I run through the basic setup assistant so I can use the gyro and do the test fly assistant will it reset any of my settings?

Patrick

So going to be setting up a powerbox competition with a demon gyro pro and two futaba 7008sb receivers. So it will be RX's to Demon Pro to Powerbox via SBUS. Are there any problems with using this setup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick