Posts by flyrcjets

Frsky has an S. Port on their receivers for running telemetry. I'll be running to redundant receivers. What would be the best way to connect so I get telemetry no matter which receiver the Mercury is using.

Is there anything special I would need to do to the Mercury other than unplugging my Futaba receivers sbus and plugging in the Frsky Sbus receivers, besides setting up my radio of course.

I posted a message with Futaba Tech Support. I can only find a place to adjust the flaps on the 18SZ as one unit for lack of a better word. My friend who has the 18MZ has a choice in End Points for each channel for speed but I don't see any option like that.

I have a turbine with 2 Flaps. I'm using a Futaba 18SZ and each flap is on a seperate channel. One of the flaps is about 1 second behind the other when they are lowering. I'm using the Air Brake to control my throws on the flaps but there is only an over all flap speed not one for each flap. I would like to adjust the flaps for speed without messing with the control horns etc to mechanically get them at the same speed which is not always a possibility. Should I be trying to use servo matching to get the timing correct? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

They actually said the servo under no load is pulling .15 to .25 I put the decimal point in the wrong spot when I copied it. Sorry about that. They also said that the the components in the servo will be able to handle the .45 without overheating.

Rich

Richard

Here is what Savox said for the SA1230-SG

That shouldn't be an issue at all! Normal current draw for that servo under no load is 1.5 to 2.5. That servo stalls at 5300mAh, so you've got a lot of room to spare!

.45 at neutral is perfectly acceptable...Go for it!

Thanks for asking!

I have 2 Flap Servos that each draw about .45 amps to hold the flaps in the up position. They are each connected to a separate port on the Mercury. According to Savox this is perfectly acceptable for the servo I'm using. Can the power box handle this constant current draw as it will be almost during the entire 6 minute flight of my jet until I lower the flaps.

Thanks

Yes Futaba. Having a problem now. The door is closing to fast when I put the gear up. It is closing before the gear has a chance to come up. I have tried adding time but it doesn’t appear to do anything. Do I need to add some more tasks. In Expert menu the setup assistant didn’t assign a servo number.

I set up my nose door on the sequencer and then I decided I should re do it using the Setup Assistant.

When I go to the Setup Assistant it asks me to flip the switch that will control the door which I do and the arrow jumps from up to down and vice versa. The problem is that I can't get it to go to ok I can get out of that screen. I tried pushing the buttons on the switch on off switch that I normally use.

Second question:

To setup just one nose gear door would I do just Task 1 only for up and down. I would want to leave the nose gear door down when the gear is down and bring it up after the nose gear comes up.

Thanks

Rich

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought I would ask where I normally do with my Mercury.

When will you have a manual to download so I can see all the features, programming, etc.

Thanks

Rich

I had a fire under my turbine from some un burnt fuel as I was doing a run up test on the ground. Unfortunately I had run the 3 wires going to the elevators and rudder under the turbine and when the insulation melted I had nice shorts but I didn't see any smoke anywhere up front by the powerbox. After the fire was out I noticed the jet was not responding to any commands the receivers did not have power nothing would work. When I got home I unplugged the 2 elevator wires and the rudder wire from the powerbox. I powered up the powerbox and everything is working fine. I proceeded to plug a servo into the rudder and 2 elevators sockets on the powerbox and the servo worked fine in each. Do you think the powerbox is ok or should it be sent in to be checked out.

I have attached a copy of the burnt wires.

Thanks

Rich

I'm running the Electron Gear with the GS-200 controller. I'm using the GS-200 to control my nose gear door on my T-1. In order to keep the door tight when the gear is up I need to keep some tension on the door via the servo. When I check the current pull with the door up the servo is pulling a steady 130 mah. I'm not too worried about running my flight batteries down as I have two going thru the Mercury and they are rated at 5600 mah. Is this 130 mah draw on the Mercury a problem. If I should burn up the servo my gear will be able to push the gear door open so I'm not to worried about that unless the motor would freeze. I'm not even sure if pulling 130 mah for a 5 or 6 minute flight is going to hurt the servo anyway. Any thoughts would be appreciated.