Posts by flyrcjets

I have split elevators with a servo on each elevator. I am using one channel on my transmitter. When I try to do the servo matching the right elevator always has more throw than the other. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong. I go into servo matching on each elevator, click on Initialize and get the check mark. One of them needs reverse so I get the check mark. I then go to Start on each elevator and move the stick up and down and then click off of Start using the enter button. One thing I have done is to get the servo arm on the right elevator at 90 degrees I have to go in to Start and manually set the arm to 90 degrees and then adjust the linkage to be level. I don't think I'm off enough to move the arm one spline.

Thanks

Rich

Where can I buy the decals for the magnetic switch. I don't see them on the web site. I emailed Alexander but I'm not sure he got it. Also does the cover for my Mercury just slip on or do I need to add some double face tape.

Thanks

Rich

If you mount the Mercury on the floor of the jet with the servo outputs facing the rear of the fuselage does the Mercury have to sit in the middle of the floor. By the middle I mean equal distances from each side of the fuselage or can it sit closer to one side of the fuselage.

Hi Alexander

They contacted me this morning that it was done. That is really quick for repairs and your rates are so reasonable.

Thank you for having such a great product and customer support.

Rich

I ordered the Weidmuller from the UK. Should be here in the states in a couple of weeks.

What do you think the turn around time for my Mercury will be. It is the one that something happened during V7 update.

Thanks

Rich Wilabee

So do you have a favorite tool for stripping the insulation or have you not used the wire before? If you have used it can you give me the make and model of the tool that doesn't seem to cut the fine wire.

Also tracking shows that my Mercury was delivered today.

Thanks

Not sure which classification to put this under. Since I have a Mercury I'll put it here.

Just wondering what gauge the PowerBox servo wire is. Not so much for current handling capabilities but I just want to make sure I use the correct wire strippers. Any suggestions on wire strippers that won't tend to cut the fine wires.

You should be getting my Mercury that I tried to update. Tracking says it is at the post office in Germany now.

Thanks

Rich

I connected my USB and brought up PowerBox Terminal V 2.0.4. I don't see a rescue mode. The things I tried kept saying to put the Mercury into PC-Mode which I can't do since the display is blank. It also kept saying device not found since I couldn't put it in PC-Mode. I also looked in FAQ's but didn't see any info on how to do it.

I just did the update from 5 to 7. Everything was fine. Then I plugged the GPS into the Bluetooth which I had plugged in to the tele port and went to PC Control and I believe it said updating from 10 to 11. It said it was updated sucessfully so I unplug power from the Mercury as I was doing it out of the jet so I didn't use the switch to turn it off. Then I thought I would check the telecom adapter and when I powered up the mercury the blue lights come on inside the Mercury but nothing on the display. The GPS light is not on also. I plugged my two futaba 7008 receivers in and they got the green lights on them. When I plug a servo in the Aileron port on the Mercury nothing happens. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks

I fixed the cable so the display works again. I took the plastic piece off the cable that has the broken lock. I then put the cable back on the pins of the display using the same holes that were in the cable from the pins. Then I took E6000 which is an industrial product similar to Goop or Shoe Goo and encapsulated the cable on to the back of the display including the area where the plastic piece was. That cable isn't going anywhere now and the display works great.

For some reason I had the ribbon cable come loose from the display. I had the excess cable tied wrapped in to a bow. Maybe I did it too tight but not sure. Where can I purchase a new display and cable.

Thanks

Rich W.

Just curious as my is fine now with replacing the sensor and using the cover but I forgot to ask on a previous post. By noise are we talking electrical noise or audio noise.

Thanks

I'll have to measure it when it arrives with my amp meter. Can you tell me a safe amount. Xicoy doesn't say on their web site but that is the one I ordered as I could get it locally from Dreamworks where I got my Powerbox.

https://www.xicoy.com/catalog/…_info.php?products_id=169

EvoJets makes one and it says it pulls 200ma. If I need to I can order the EvoJets but it has to come from out of the US. But please let me know a safe amount of current the powerbox can handle.

http://xtcm.evojets.de/product_info.php?products_id=121

Thanks

I would like to activate a fuel solenoid when I turn on the powerbox. Can I just plug it in to an unused channel on the powerbox. It has a maximum rated voltage around 6 volts or so.