Posts by flyrcjets

I think on my jet with trike gear I pushed the tail down instead of trying to lift it up. Then I had to swing the tail left or right after that.

When you update to a new version like from V5 to V6 does the update reset any settings so that you have to set things up again.

Are you at 33% across the board for all surfaces. It does make sense about my amount of control throw. Maybe after my next flight test that I might need to manually bump up the elevator and rudder to a higher gain. What do you think? If I'm getting the proper gain with the amount of throw vs the length of my control horns then 20% might be just fine on the ailerons?

I did my first Gyro flight test assistant. Started with the knob at 0% gain. Brought the gain up until the wings started to wag and then backed it down just a little till that went away. I locked that in and after landing went into gyro settings and I'm only at 20% on all surfaces. I didn't have enough fuel with me to do a second test flight as it mentions in the manual as I had done a couple of flights first. I have the airspeed factor set to stock and I was flying about 1/2 throttle on my Fortune T-1. I'm sure I'll have to do another flight test to test as per the manual but just wanted to see if you think that 20% is a bit low. If it is I can't think of any way to get more gain without the wings wagging.

Thanks

Rich

Do most people try to slip the servo leads thru the slots in the cover or cut the slots out.

Thanks

Rich

My friend has a Royal and he can go to an iGyro Menu and see what his top speed has been. Does the Mercury do that? I couldn't find any where.

During the setup assistant right after tilt the nose up or down it says to tilt the tail left or right. Do they mean pick up the plane and rotate it on it's axis left or right or just move the tail to the left or right.

Richard...

I understand now after going to the link. I haven't checked my Antenna Fades with my 7008 but I don't see on the Futaba Software Updates Web Site any updates for the 7008 receivers anyway.

Thanks

Just curious how many antenna fades and frame losses are ok. Both with the telemetry on and off during a 5 to 6 minute flight. I can use the R7008 or R7003 Receivers.

Since the Mercury is mounted with rubber dampeners does the floor in my jet still need to be as rigid as possible. I noticed if I push on the center of my floor it will deflect a little.

I have been flying the Mercury and it works great. This week I want to try the gyro out. I was readying some threads that mentioned some possible flutter. Can you tell me exactly how to check for that like which flight mode, gain, what speed of the turbine, which control surfaces, etc.

Thanks