Posts by flyrcjets

Can you tell me when using dual receivers via S-Bus if the powerbox is using all 4 antennas for receiving. My friend who has a Royal says his does so I told him I would check.

Thanks

Would it be ok to mount the GPS II on the inside on the side of my Fiberglass Jet or does it need to sit with the Label GPS II facing up.

Thanks.

No problem. I wouldn't be looking at that screen anyway. As long as I can get my SZ to call out my speed during flight I would be happy and I think that is going to happen. I'll be doing a maiden flight in the next few days or next week.

I actually got everything working now. I put the plane in the driveway to get GPS lock and it was telling me it was 3 or 4 feet from me and speed was zero my battery voltages, etc. What is interesting is when I went to the Latitude and Longitude screen it was all zeros instead of showing my position. Using this on my 18SZ.

My Mercury came with the GPS II. I updated my Mercury from V3 to V5. Does the GPS unit need to be updated. If so do I just plug it into my USB cable.

Richard I'm thinking about doing away with my Xicoy Sequencer that I was going to use as a failsafe and just use the PowerBox for gear and a Sequencer for my single servo driven nose door, and forget having a failsafe. I don't think there is anyway the Xicoy can be a fail safe if I use the PowerBox for the Sequencer as I need to make sure the nose gear door is open before the gear some down.

Can you have the sequencer open a gear door that is controlled by a servo before it lowers the air landing gear. If so where do you set the end points for the gear door servo. Would you make a channel in the radio for the gear door and then plug the servo into one of the outputs.

Do I have to have the USB adapter to set the GPS to Mercury and the teleconverter to PowerBox or to update the PowerBox. I don't see any way to do it thru the BlueTooth. Right now I can only get the data (battery voltage) if I take the default of CURR-1678 ID 1 once I change the CURR-1678 to PowerBox with ID 0 which is what it changes to when I pick PowerBox I don't see any data coming thru. If I can update the teleconverter via the Bluetooth can you give me a good explanation on how to do it. I had the teleconverter plugged in to the PowerBox and Sbus II (I'm assuming it has to be plugged in to the PowerBox to use the Bluetooth to update it) and then Picked the teleconverter via the Bluetooth and when I did the Quick Update it just comes back and shows the PowerBox Version but I don't any teleconverter screens showing it can be updated. I tried the info you sent on the links but I just don't see via the Bluetooth the screens to update the teleconverter after I select it in the Bluetooth.

I did the quick update with the blue tooth device and it took me from Version 3 to Version 5. Other than updating the versions I don't see where I can do anything else with the Blue Tooth device. Am I going to be able to use the GPS to get speed, altitude, etc from my 18sz. I have the Teleconverter registered and powerbox selector as the sensor in my radio. Is there anything else I should be trying to do with my Blue Tooth device to work in conjunction with the GPS. If I do quick Connect nothing happens. I do have the powerbox set on PC control.

Also when I leave the default sensor that my 18sz pics when I plug the teleconverter in the back I get Voltage telemetry but there are only 3 slots being used. When I change the default to PowerBox it shows lots of slots but I don't get any telemetry. There are 4 pages of things to get telemetry on some of which are speed, distance, altitude, battery voltage but nothing comes thru.

I also connected with blue tooth and choose teleconverter in case it need to be updated but when I told it to do the quick update it brought up the Mercury showing the Mercury was at ver.5

Thanks

I went to the link above. It doesn't talk about the Mercury but I'm hoping I can also get the Speed, Height, and Distance from my GPS and I'm assuming I probably have to set mine to Mercury when I do the update.

Not sure if you saw this one above.

I think I saw somewhere that the GPS has to be set to Mercury? I see 2 TELE so I'm assuming it doesn't matter which one I plug in to. Probably the cleanest for me would be the side where the Receivers Plug in.

Thanks for the help.

Disregard this post. I saw the answer in another post.

I have another sensor that uses 8-22. I noticed Power Box uses 16-31. Can the Power Box slots be changed and if so what would I be giving up and how do I change them.

Thanks

I think I saw somewhere that the GPS has to be set to Mercury? I see 2 TELE so I'm assuming it doesn't matter which one I plug in to. Probably the cleanest for me would be the side where the Receivers Plug in.

Thanks for the help.

Do you happen to know what kind of telemetry items I'll have. I do have the GPS unit. Also is there any settings in the Mercury that I have to set for the telemetry to work.

Thanks

When I register my Teleconverter on my Futaba 18sz it shows CURR-1678 ID 1. Just for the heck of it I picked Power Box where it showed CURR-1678 and it now shows PowerBox with ID 0. Should I go back and re register and leave CURR-1678.

Thanks

I have a GPS Unit with my Mercury. I have a servo that works my nose gear door. Sitting about 1/16 of an inch above the servo I have a 1/8" thick small plastic floor where I mounted the Digital Read out unit. Can I put my GPS unit on the plastic floor directly above the servo without creating any problems for the GPS Unit.