Posts by SnakeBite45

Question:

Does the Speed setting set in the GPS II prevent over speeding the aircraft, by reducing the throttle? Or is it merely a telemetry warning point, at which the telemetry will signal you crossed that speed point?

Thanks,

Jake

Question, I am running a Spektrum Radio. I know I can not get the GPS II data telemetry on my radio, but does the Power Box Royal SRS record and store flight data to be analyzed on the ground? I am getting ready to maiden my new Hawk jet and I would like to capture speed data to set up the limiter and prevent over speeding the aircraft.

Its too bad the whole Power Box System deoesn't have a computer interface for setup and data recording.

Jake

LMK,

I just purchase a Hawk 100, and in preperation to building it, I purchased both insulated tubing for servo wires as well as insulation tape that you would probably want to use in your application. Several jet companies sell the items. DEI, (Design Engineering Inc) sells Cool Tape rated to 400degrees "Direct" Heat. Its thin, foil tape with adhesive on one side and comes in different thickness. You can get it from: http://www.globaljetclub.com, or http://www.dreamworksrc.com.

All you need to do is install your radio equipment and then the tape, then install your pipe and you should be good. Hope this helps,

Peace,

Jake

Thanks but I cant take the credit. AARONFORTH on RCU provided me the basic instructions. I just thought I would fill in the blank lines in between for others that come after me. It might be worth you all doing a video as I know three new jet pilots down here in the Tampa area whom I have helped with the same similar situation. Better to hear it from you all first hand though.

Thanks,

Jake

To all, attached is a zip with the detailed instructions on how to connect your Spektrum radio system with your Power Box and Kingtech Telemetry system.After some digging another modeler helped me out so I want to share and expand on it to assist everyone else.

Enjoy and good luck! Please read and understand the document all the way through before attempting the setup.

Jake:)

My apologies, the picture was cut off, but yes I did. I am using 4 satellites and all 4 plus the TM1000 binded, but there was just no telemetry data on the radio.

I updated the DX18, and the power box. So all up to date. I had the same result with 3 different TM1000 and about 5 different connection cables.

Is there an update for the Power Box that needs to be done?

Do you have any suggestions to try?

Thank you for your assistance.

Jake

Hello,

I am new to this site, so please excuse me if I missed a post. I am using the same system as Fly2High. I have the Power Box Royal SRS w/ internal Gyro. I have the Kingtech K-180 with the KT-Telemetry module. And I purchased the Spektrum TM1000 telemetry module. I followed the instruction listed above to try and link just the TM1000 telemetry module directly to the Royal SRS. After replacing the X-bus cable, I was successful with binding the TM1000 to the Royal SRS. It was at this point, I turned on the Power Box telemetry within my DX 18 radio. However, though the radio shows that it is connected to the telemetry, it does not receive any telemetry data. I purchased 5 X-bus cables, and tried 2 other TM1000 from friends at the field who took the TM 1000 directly out of their plane with the system working, and I still had the same result on every try. The unit would bind, but the radio would receive no data.

If you all have any information, could you please assist me? I also have pictures of the connection and Binding. The ultimate goal is to have the Royal SRS and the KT-Telemetry module connected to the TM1000 and the data received on my Spektrum DX18.

Respectfully,

Jake