Posts by tigger

Hello,

I think that each model equipped with a mercury can have different result, regarding the flight behaviour with flaps.

Here is my experience with flaps of an Avanti equipped with a mercury SRS V09, and the behaviour was the same with the V07.

In assist mode:

- middle flaps (take off position) without any mixing: no trouble,

- full flaps + "aileron in airbrake" (landing position) without any mixing: strange behaviour. Sometimes perfect, sometimes while in turn or while speed is reducing I can see some strange pitch manoeuver and I DO not want to see these manoeuvers during my final approach. (and I can't modify the elevator gain: if lowered I don't have the knife edge corrections, if increased I have oscillations in normal flights)

- full flaps + "aileron in airbrake" (landing) WITH elevator mixing: no trouble but I'm aware that I don't have the "assist mode" advantage, as my elevator is far from initial center position.

I don't have any ballooning during landing, either without gyro, or with rate mode or with assist mode, and with or without mixing.

My positions are:

FM1: NO GYRO

FM2: ASSIST 45% aileron+ elevator, RATE 45%, for rudder, vector thrust disabled

FM3: RATE 45% FOR ALL; vector thrust at 100%

My chrono flight is:

- just before take off (to have all surfaces at 0): FM1

- take off , all standard aerobatics and landing (with flaps to elevator mixing): FM2

- hovering or spin or funny manoeuvers: FM3 (I can also land with this position as the elevator mixing is always active with flaps)

- any suspicious manoeuver or doubt on gyro: FM1

After some test I finally had the same gains between the V07 and the V09.

I'm currently using only SOFT behaviour but I think that I will increase a bit the vector thrust behaviour to NORMAL or more, as the Avanti feels unstable in harrier.

I hope this helps.

Goord flights

In fact the both servos on the rudder A are the both one behind the other and the third one is on the side.

They are easier to match but still not perfect for position in between middle and extrem.

Ok for the separate calculation for rudder A and B.

Anyway, for general information, could you confirm if it is normal to have no duplication of the values rudder A and B with flight assistant?

Thank you

I don't understand why the synchro should not be ok between rudder A and rudder B.

Moreover I have a problem with all servo matching of any brand and any system: you always match 3 positions: middle and both extrem position.

But when you have big travel adjust (60° on servo to have 40° on the rudder to maximise power) and you have a look in between middle and one extrem, the matching is not correct.

I have an example with my current both Rudder A servos: perfect middle and extreme BUT not perfect when I switch low rate (position between middle and extreme).

So I always use 5 points mixing to match slave servo on the 5 points of the master.

Hello,

I would like to know if the following behaviour is normal, while using flight assistant on the ground before setting it up for the flight test..

Here is the set up: Igyro SRS+GPS+Powerbox competitionSRS with futaba T18MZ and 2 6308SB receivers.

In order to use 3 savox 1230 servos on the (huge) rudder of an Ultimate, I selected "digital OUT" to have the possibility to use rudder A (with 2 servos+matching) and rudder B with the third servo. I have a permanent prog mix on the radio to mix rudder A servos and rudder B servo.

I have one switch for the gain and one switch for flight mode and they are correctly seen by the gyro.

Here is my trouble: when I use flight assistant, the programmation for rudder A is NOT duplicated for rudder B.

After using the assistant, having a look at gyro settings, all rudder A elements (FM0,1,2) are OK, but all rudder B elements (FM0,1,2) are forced at 0: is that normal?

I can manually put all the elements on the rudder B settings afterwards, BUT it means that I can't use flight assistant in the air (at least for rudder parameters), as the rudder B servo won't move like the 2 others.

Thank you

Hello,

I would like to know if the following behaviour is normal, while using flight assistant on the ground before settint it up for the flight test..

Here is the set up: Igyro SRS+GPS+Powerbox competitionSRS with futaba T18MZ and 2 6308SB receivers.

In order to use 3 savox 1230 servos on the (huge) rudder of an Ultimate, I selected "digital OUT" to have the possibility to use rudder A (with 2 servos+matching) and rudder B with the third servo. I have a permanent prog mix on the radio to mix rudder A servos and rudder B servo.

I have one switch for the gain and one switch for flight mode and they are correctly seen by the gyro.

Here is my trouble: when I use flight assistant, the programmation for rudder A is NOT duplicated for rudder B.

After using the assistant, having a look at gyro settings, all rudder A elements (FM0,1,2) are OK, but all rudder B elements (FM0,1,2) are forced at 0: is that normal?

I can manually put all the elements on the rudder B settings afterwards, BUT it means that I can't use flight assistant in the air (at least for rudder parameters), as the rudder B servo won't move like the 2 others.

Thank you

Hello Richard,

could you confirm that the sentence "Once the set-up flight is complete, this function is disabled automatically." allows me to use the gain channel for anything else, as soon as the initial inflight setup has been completed and correct gain found for the mercury in each phase (FM1/FM2)?

For exemple for a pyro mechanism or for any other element that would request a specific channel with specific ATV.

I used the flight assistant in my Avanti with vector thrust at the very beginning for the initial setup, and now I would need one more channel for my model.

Thank you

Regards

Hello Richard,

thank you for the quick answer.

It was the first time that I see this trouble and I always check all surfaces after switching on my models, and just before take off.

Regards

Hello,

I had a trouble before one of the 5 last flights that I performed yesterday, and I'm not sure to be in the correct part of the forum.

Here is the setup:

- Igyro SRS with competition SRS,

- 2 receivers futaba (6308SBT and 6303), both plugged on the box as described in your manual,

- all savox or multiplex digi servos, on a big Pitts with 1 servo per wing and only lower wing equipped with gyro (so as to use a crow mixing on the wings).

Here is the trouble: before the 3rd flight, while switching on the competition box, every lights are green (receivers, switch of the box), the box is OK with the correct indication of the voltage of each battery, but I don't see the usual manoeuver of all servos while switching on, all servos linked to the Igyro are NOT working (no tension inside) and all other servos (higher wing, throttle, ignition) are working correctly.

Obviously the transmitter is ON.

After this trouble, I switched off the box, then switched on again and everything was OK.

I performed 2 others flights without any trouble.

Should I be scared by this trouble, and is there any risk to fly after this trouble?

Thank you

Hello,

you can also cheat the system while using programmable mixing to have exactly what you want for each position of your switch.

I do it for the Igyro3E, selecting for each position of one switch an offset value that corresponds exactly to the gain that the gyro sees.

I'm not sure that my explanation is easy to understand, but I managed to have on a Igyro3E the following elements:

position1 (top): gain 0%

position 2 (middle): gain 25% (windy day)

position 3 (bottom): gain 35% (standard day)

Good flights!

Just a reminder: this is an old Evolution that you modified to have an output with 7,54V, and you also repaired one regulator as you can read in the beginning of the post.

Hello,

I have a new question about my Evolution whom you repaired the regulator.

I would like to use 2 differents Lipo batteries: one 2S 4000mAh and one 2S 2700mAh.(because the second 2S 4000mAh has been damaged on another model)

What would be the risk? How would react the evolution and the batteries?

Thank you

Regards

Hello,

for your information, I have to use the "gainX4" option on a Pitts Python 2,70m equipped either with a Igyro SRS or a Igyro 3E.

As announced by Richard, I only use gyro on low wing servos.

I know that the Ultimate is more nervous, but don't be surprised if you reach 100% gain without oscillation on standard settings.

Only AFTER this initial trial, you could have to use the "gainX4" option.

Good flights

Hello,

I observed a strange count of antennas fades, and I would like to know your advice.

It's a Mercury V7 equipped with your cover, located 50cm out of the turbine, with 1x7008SB and 1x7003SB, futaba FX32.

While I was setting up the model at home I observed 468 and 217 antennas fade, no lost frames and no holds.

I performed the 4 first flights yesterday, without any trouble and I observed 3 and 5 antennas fade, still no lost frames nor holds.

I'm happy, but I don't understand very well why there is such a difference.

Any advice?