Posts by fox02100

Richard,

Because you cannot understand French, you didn’t understood that Marco had time to land in emergency condition thanks to telemetry with half of remaining control

Very lucky !!!

Unfortunately, I think Marco expected same servo protection than me

It is our big fault, we didn’t read notice in detail

You explained that this protection is impossible

As I understood, Marco want to believe in selling argument of other device ( fuse on each channel )

From my side, I will simplify my installation ( remove electronical failure risk of power supply )

But please don’t misunderstand, we never said that powerbox is a bad product

We just said that they don’t match with what we expected

Thanks again for your help and see you again with powerbow when I will need

Hello dbubled,

I try to reply with objectivity

« 1. Power Box like for example Mercury can monitor your dual receiver situation ( Fades, Hold and Failsafe)

Of corse it depands on your RC System but not all RC TX Receiver combination can provide this information. Clearly a security feature »

I think that now, all good radio brand can manage this double receiver ?

As you said, monitoring is not security because I don’t want to know that I lost the signal or that a servo failed

I only want to escape signal lost or prevent servo failure by fuse :)

« 2. Servo matching. A security and opperation feature »

We are now in 2018, all radio can do it

With 12 channels or more

« 3. Integrated gyro system with adaptive gain control via speed data. »

I don’t want gyro, I only want safety in my radio installation :)

But OK, I can accept this answer ;)

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for your quick answer

I am so desapointed because I just understood that I spent almost 400€ in powerbox competition ( magnetic switch option ) for no more safety than my other planes

I am used to utilize Jeti magnetic double switch + 2 Schotty diode + 2 Life pack + direct power from batteries to servo ( + and - wires )

As I understood, this 100€ equippement is same or even more safe ( no regulator failure risk ) than a complicated box with much more electronical device

For double receiver function, many brand can secure it without box, no ?

Sorry to ask, but what is real output of a powerbox ?

Telemetry => can be done by the radio control

Screen => this is not safety

Double receiver => can be done by the radio control

Regulator => this is not safety

Frame rate change ( 10ms~21ms ) => can be done by original radio control

Best regard

Sorry, to

I have doubt... do there is any safety device on each chanel to prevent over amperange or short cut of one servo ?

I saw on french forum an almost glider crash due to powerbox which didn t protect the electrical installation from servo failure

I bought a powerbox to save my plane if there is servo failure

But finally, if each chanel is not protected of a servo failure, I mistook my purchase :(

Hello all,

I am thinking to buy a second Powerbox competition SRS to install in a P47 Topflite 2m20 with DLE 55

I already installed one in the same kind of plane ( Zero 2m20 with DLE 55 )

I am very scared because I saw this message and seems that box + single cylinder 55cc in not so good idea :eek:

Please any advise ?