Posts by Roly

Hello Rudi,

I did some more follow-up and I am using Analog servos along with Telemetry (Futaba). The 14SG manual in bold specifically says the "Analog Servos cannot be used with the R7009SB in the FASSTest 12CH mode"

My conclusion is that if I had Digital Servos I would be fine. Hope there is some follow-up with Power Box to explain in more detail what the 'fine print' details are needed for their product to work with Futaba Radios.:)

Thanks, Roly

Hello Rudi,

Thanks for the information. I have spent many hours of many days not to mention much money getting extra stuff. Reluctant to spend more time as the project has been delayed however will keep the information and set to FASSTEST 12ch along with the other information for setting it up. Will let you know, if it worked for you should work with mine.

Thanks again, Roly

Hi Roly,

I'm so sorry that you have problems, but right now we tested 14SG with 7008SB receiver and SparkSwitch Pro. Please set your system to FASSTest 12ch, and it will be working properly. Please let me know if you was successful, if not, tomorrow we will send you detailed step by step with photos :-)

But if you choose right mode, then it really work w/o issues.

Hello,

I must report that dispite all efforts in following all instructions including Futaba that the SparkSwitch-Pro is not recognized by my Futaba 14SG radio.

• All I get is "communication error":(

The switch works however the telemetry does not - hate to know how much $$$ and time spent on this.

Regards, Roly

Hello Richard,

I have it hooked up to the Futaba 14SG radio and 7008SB receiver's SBus-2 Connection. I tried it every way possible and programing it every way possible, the radio does not recognize the SparkSwitch Pro - when I tried to do a 'Sensor' - 'Register' the radio says there is a "Communication Error".

• Seems to me that the SparkSwitch Pro 'software download' is not being recognized by the radio.

Today I even tried all the different connection combinations on the switch, thinking that maybe they were labelled incorrectly and the radio would not recognize the Switches' telemetry system.

I think that I have tried everything and one of the methods/connections should have worked. This includes hooking the SparkSwitch directly to the receiver,s S-Bus - 2 connection.

Hope that helps you understand what I have been doing.

Also, I am unable to find anyone who has the SparkSwitch Pro connected to a Futaba S-Bus 2 system. If you know of anyone maybe I could contact them?

Thanks,

Roly

Good you changed that sticker, it will for sure help others.

Well the light does not work. Even took the LED light off and soldered another on and it works fine.

I have spent a lot of time, many, many hours, in research and trying and the telemetry absolutely does not work with my 14SG radio and the Futaba 7008 receiver.

• The good thing is I have learned a lot more about the Radio and telemetry programming.
    • The down side along with the many hours of trying to get it working as advertised is I have spent a lot of extra money getting PowerBox accessories to try and get the PowerBox SparkSwitch Pro to work.

I will give up and be happy that the switch works on the ignition. Will get the Futaba Telemetry sensors I need to monitor the engine.

Thanks for your help on this, let me know if you find anything new to try, for sure will try it.

Roly

Hello Richard, I will go back to basics and try again.

One concern is the 'Ignition Light' connection on the side of the SparkSwitch Pro it shows the polarity + and -. When tested the + is actually - and the - is actually +. the ignition connection is marked the same and it is o.k. per the markings. Both the SparkSwitchs I have are the same. Is this right or does it matter whether the LED light connections are reversed?

Hello Richard,

Thanks, I found the problem by testing the leads with the switch on and the light connections on the Switch are backwards, the Positive is actually the Negative lead. As a result the lights that came with the switch were ruined. I just hooked up another LED light I have and it works fine however the leads are connected to the switch backwards, Black lead to Positive on the Switch and Red lead to the Negative.

• Checked the light that came with the switch and it does not work, did however only for a few seconds.

That is correct I don't appear to get any telemetry. I tried the direct connection to the receiver S-Bus 2 socket to see if there is any change and no it appears no telemetry is showing voltatge of the ignition battery does not show and I turned the switch off and on a few times, new light continues to work..

At lease I figured out the switching problem and the ignition light.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Roly

Hello Richard,

After more follow-up I have found that the Ignition indication light connections are hooked up backwards and I have ruined two of the led ignition on lights. This also fooled me into thinking the SmartSwitch Pro was not working.

• I tested the marked leads with a volt meter and the negative indicated lead is positive and the Positive negative. So now I'm waiting for two more lights.

Also I am unable to get any temperature readings from the Telemetry sensor. May have something from the RPM and should I be getting a voltage reading?

In any case this has been an experience, the switch itself works however it appears not the telemetry or ignition on light.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Roly

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the information, I managed to get the switch working via the PWM channel, it works fine.

• Didn't realize that the switch will only work hooked up to the PWM channel via the S-Bus 2 hub to the receiver "S-Bus 2" socket. Somehow missed that in the instructions?
    • I am using 1 wire, from the Firewall, connected the S-Bus 2 receiver connection via a S-Bus hub at the firewall..
      • Hope that the SparkSwitch Pro Telemetry signal via the "Telemetry and Data" socket, via the Firewall S-bus hub will go down the same wire to the S-Bus 2 receiver socket.
    • Question, should the Telemetry from the SparkSwitch Pro work as I have described the connections?

Thanks again for your help.

Roly

Hello,

Thanks for the information, I ordered the USB wire, received and did the download, set the SparkSwitch Pro up per instructions on the s-Bus (Futaba) however it will not work for me.

The Activation for the ignition is set on Chanel 12 with a switch. Using a S-Bus2. Let us know when or if the apps are working.

Using a Futaba 14SG.

Thanks, Roly:???:

Hello Adam,

Thanks I have ordered one. I hope that the instructions for updating the SparkSwitch Pro are straight forward. I read the manual and it looks like the information is directed towards a PowerBox. Any information on how to do this will be appreciated.:)

Thanks,

Roly

Hello,

I have a couple of SparkSwitch Pro units and cannot seem to activate it following the BlueCom and SparkSwitch Pro instructions.

• The Bluecom is found by the Android Powerbox application on my phone however there is nothing that indicates anything to do in setting the Telemetry System.
    • Also checked the forum and online for a video solution along with others, not having any luck.
    • I do not have a Power Box, is this the only wat the SparkSwitch Pro will work, can't use it without a Power Box?
    • Using a Futaba system with a 14SG radio.

What am I missing.:S

Thanks, Roly

Hello,

I have a couple of SparkSwitch Pro units and cannot seem to activate it following the BlueCom and SparkSwitch Pro instructions.

The Bluecom is found by the Android Powerbox application on my phone however there is nothing that indicates andint to do in setting the Telemetry System.

Also checked the forum and online for a video solution along with others, not having any luck.

I do not have a Power Box, is this the only wat the SparkSwitch Pro will work, can't us it without a Power Box?

Using a Futaba system with a 14SG radio.

What am I missing.

Thanks, Roly