Posts by Bobneal1

Richard ,

I would like to have a delta mix on GYA or GYB but not both. I have a twin thrust vectoring model that I would like the delta for the nozels. I could do it with the older Igyro .

Thanks,

Robert Neal

Richard, What is a good rule of thumb for how much to reduce expo when the gyro is added? I have subtracted 50% of what I had before the gyro was installed but I have not flown it again yet. The airplane (jet) was too sluggish with my old expo settings and the gyro installed. I am running about 20% gain.

Thanks,

Bob Neal

Richard, is it possible to control the gain of the I gyro SRS without the use of the gps module? I am considering controlling it with airspeed telemetry from my Jeti radio.

Thanks

Richard, I am waiting for a return shipping confirmation of my I Gyro that I sent for a checkout. I sent the funds requested via Paypal. I have e-mailed twice with no response.

Thanks,

Robert Neal

Richard,

You may be right about the aileron problem but, the rudder should have been enough to stop the roll and roll it the other way. It was rolling very slowly to the left. It felt like the gyro was fighting the roll because ,the plane rolled normally just much more slowly. On the previous flight I tried to put some gain on the rudder in flight mode 1 to make the takeoff more straight but as I pushed the button on the sensor switch it continued to say 0 gain in rudder in flight mode 1. Is it possible I got gain but it did not display ? I did not test to see if the gyro was influencing the rudders since it displayed 0 gain

Thanks,

Bob Neal

Richard,
    I crashed my turbine Mig 29 with thrust vectoring this past week. It had 6 good flights on it with the I gyro. When I took off in flight mode 1, I had substantially reduced aileron authority. I had barely enough to roll the aircraft at 720 degrees per minute . After I lined up on final the aircraft rolled slowly left and I corrected with right aileron and added thrust until I had full aileron stick and it kept rolling slowly to the left. I added right rudder and it flicked left and went into the ground.

I thought the gyro was always disabled in flight mode 1. ?

I tried switching to flight mode 2 but it didn't help. The previous 6 flights were fine. I didn't change a thing from those flights to the final one. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Neal

Unfortunately, I will not be able be able to test your solution till Wednesday. One of the two JR 8711 servos is "reversed" Do you think I need to replace it with a non reversed version to make the delta operate correctly?

Thanks,
    Bob Neal

Hi,
    I have a Mig 29 with thrust vectoring. I have the VT nozzles on ELEV A and AIL A . I have the Delta mix turned on, on the I-gyro . I have the wing ailerons on AIL B and the elevators on ELEV B . The flight control surfaces go the right way with the gyro correction. The VT nozzles go the wrong way with gyro correction , up when it should be down and vice versa , only one of the two will go the correct direction as commanded by the I- gyro . I have tried reversing the I-gyro on both ELEV A and AIL A to no avail. Everything moves correctly as commanded from the transmitter with the I-gyro gain at zero. The rudders and the nozzles left-right are tied together and they work fine.

I am trying to have delta control of the VT nozzles while I have normal control of the airplane control surfaces

Thanks,

Bob Neal