Aileron Differential Setup

• Hello,

I'm looking to find out the easiest way to setup the aileron Differential in the PowerBox core. The wings have 3 servos each and are on 2 separate channels. (1 for left and the other for right). The servos were matched in the champion SRS to have equal max throw in both directions on both ailerons. I know that the differential can be adjusted in the end point setup but I'd prefer to have each differential setup for each dual rate that I have. I have 3 dual rates and would prefer to have 3 different values of aileron Differential.

• I got into the setup menu. However when I hit the curve editor. It looks as if it only applies to the entire aileron function, not left and right aileron separately. I have channels 1 and 6 assigned to the aileron function. 1 is the left aileron and 6 is the right aileron. I need to be able to adjust the differential on each aileron seperately. I've attached a few photos of how my functions/servos are assigned so that might help you out.

• So you have to create 2 Functions: 1 for right Aileron an€ 1 for left Aileron.

Then you can adjust the Curves for Left and Right seperately

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Kai Wimmer
    Frage: Ist ein Fliegen ohne Telemetrie möglich ? --> Antwort: Möglich ja, aber heutzutage nicht mehr sinnvoll !

• So you have to create 2 Functions: 1 for right Aileron an€ 1 for left Aileron.

Then you can adjust the Curves for Left and Right seperately

OK I see. Now the question is can I transfer one of these servos to a new function? Like for example keep servo 1 where its at, create a new function called Aileron Right and transfer servo 6 to the new function with all of the same exact values like end point/center. The reason why I ask this is because, servo 6 is already setup with end points and the two other servos on this wing are matched using the powerbox champion. I'd like to keep all of the same center/end point values. Unless if its easier to simply create a new function, add a servo and simply input the same values from the original function and delete the old servo once your done. Let me know what you think. Richard, I'd also like to hear what you would recommend doing in this particular setup.

• Hello,

I don´t understand what you are trying to do.

If the servos are matched in the Champion - there is nothing to do here. You have in the radio only one channel for the left, and one for the right side.

You must make one function for each of this two channels

would prefer to have 3 different values of aileron Differential.

Beispiel, theorie - nur an der Core durchgespielt: Flügel mit 3x Quer je Seite, 3 Flugphasen mit unterschiedlicher Differenzierung

Q1-Q2-Q3 III Q4-Q5-Q6

Weg 50 oben und unten

Differenzierung Weg 50 rev Direkt.

Differenzierung Speed 0%

Differenzierung Normal 50%

Speed 0% Differenzierung

Normal 50% Differenzierung

Diff. 100%

wenn Servo 1 und 6 getrennt, je eine Funktion für Diff. Servo1 und Diff Servo6... Vorteil: man muss nicht bis in den Kurveneditor

• Hello,

I don´t understand what you are trying to do.

If the servos are matched in the Champion - there is nothing to do here. You have in the radio only one channel for the left, and one for the right side.

You must make one function for each of this two channels

Richard, I do have a few more questions now. So if I assign both the left and right ailerons as seperate functions, how do you go about mixes? Like the Rudder/Aileron mix for Knife Edge coupling. I noticed that I can only assign one aileron function to the rudder and not both at the same time. I was also wondering about Dual Rates/Expo setup. Is there any way to adjust both aileron functions at the same time just like when they were together under the same function? It looks like they have to be adjusted seperately when they are seperate functions.

I think that the Aileron Differential Menu in the next update will be the best option as it will keep things simple. Especially because of mixings and dual rates/expo. I'm excited for that new feature!

• Hello together,

from perspective it is super easy to setup a aileron differential.

Step-1 create two functions one for aileron left and one for aileron right. (Kai mentioned that already)

Step-2 create two 3 point curve in each curve editor like shown in the pictures

Job done.

VG

Dirk

CB Elektronics