Lost model Data

• Hi,

I am wondering if you can shed some light on this issue....

So yesterday I programmed a plane with 9D rx and igyro SAT. It flew fantastic....

This morning, I changed two switches... I added momentary 3 POS to position C and D and configured them. I also removed the two battery terminals for safety....

After installing all back together I went out to fly. My general background screen colour is Black. When I switched on the Radio... white screen appeared... so I loaded the model again.. I lost all Telemetry, model settings and also no receivers bound to that model..

Now why did that happen? Why did all the model data disappear and it changed all screen background... I selected my other test models and all the data was there... but the one I flew and programmed yesterday has all disappeared...

This is a big issue... I am sure disconnecting the Radio battery will not do that as it has an internal battery.. otherwise I would I also lost the Demo models I created. And most surprisingly it also changed the background colours...

Can I recover my model data? Or can you let me know what you think went wrong..

Very Disappointed.... I am loosing Trust with this Radio....

• Hi Kalps,

it seems that I´m a complete idiot in electronics...give me some informations about what you are doing.

You´re talking about battery terminals and a digital switch. I don´t know where this "digital switch" is or should be.

If there is something to learn for me, I want to know how it works.

So please, give me some informations...best with pictures.

• Please refer to the article.. may help..

https://www.sunrisemedical.com…mechanical-vs-electronic-switches

https://www.langir.com/news/ca…tch-whats-the-difference/

• Hi

I was reading this and wondering if you were replacing one of the 2 or 3 position switches offered by Powerbox as optional items? These appear to connect into a daughterboards, but more importantly, these look like machinal type switches.

Even if you were replacing a digital switch, the power is off on the main circuit board. For safety, removing power from the electoral circuit and allowing the power to dissipate is good practice however, most user related servicing should not require this ((in my opinion))

I would like to leave these repairs to the professionals at PowerBox and just enjoy the radio system as designed.

Rich

• Hi,

Yes I was replacing the optional 3 pos switch. If you search the forum.. others have had issues with their model data disappearing too. Refer to the post below....

Core Lockup Then Lost Model

• So please clarify - you replaced a switch (Which I have done, simple remove, plug in new one) and disconnected the battery?

Please clarify this part - if so, how did you disconnect the battery?

• So please clarify - you replaced a switch (Which I have done, simple remove, plug in new one) and disconnected the battery?

Please clarify this part - if so, how did you disconnect the battery?

Ok.. to make it clear... I disconnected the 2 radio batteries... it’s just common to do so for safety... now you will not be changing light bulbs with power switch ON.... would you... well it arguable....

As I was going to pull out connectors for the old switches from the board.. I pulled the battery.., this is not my first radio... I have used them all... Even a jeti radio manual advises to remove battery terminals before playing with the board.....

I think it’s common sense to do so. The radio has an internal battery for retaining settings... so that should be self explanatory....

• Hi

yes, I have seen some of these reported issues, but they seem to be rare. Usually during or after FW updates. I have a test model that I use during any of the FW updates, this way I do not take a chance of corrupting a normal aircraft file. So far, my system has worked very well and the Wi-Fi update process has be the best I have ever experienced with RC systems!

I have no idea what happened in your case, but it is very puzzling that this could happen by removing the main batteries from the Core. Something else must be a contributing factor. I too, have had many radios in the past and I would not be afraid to remove the battery power when it is designed for the user to do so.

I hope you get your Core going again, maybe send it back to PowerBox for check up and evaluation?

All the best

Rich

• Ok.. to make it clear... I disconnected the 2 radio batteries... it’s just common to do so for safety... now you will not be changing light bulbs with power switch ON.... would you... well it arguable....

As I was going to pull out connectors for the old switches from the board.. I pulled the battery.., this is not my first radio... I have used them all... Even a jeti radio manual advises to remove battery terminals before playing with the board.....

I think it’s common sense to do so. The radio has an internal battery for retaining settings... so that should be self explanatory....

Sorry, now I understand...due to translating issues I had a wrong idea about what you are doing.

Anyway, I would not disconnect the battery.

When opening the back of the transmitter you have to disconnect the two sliders. This also happens while the battery is still connected.

What should happen there?