The Core tray case, should there be an opening for the screen and gimbal sticks on the top foam insert?

• Hello and greetings from Canada,

I have an interesting question. Whilst opening my brand new Powerbox Core tray radio I noticed that the top case did not have the foam insert cut for the screen and gimbals as seen on the tray case picture from Powerbox’s website which I have attached below. My question is should there be a cutout or is this a new and improved way to secure and protect the radio? Or possibly is this an oversight?

Best regards, Michel 🇨🇦

• MichelVR

Changed the title of the thread from “The Core tray case, should there be an cut opening for the screen and gimbal sticks on the top foam insert?” to “The Core tray case, should there be an opening for the screen and gimbal sticks on the top foam insert?”.
  • Hello RickJ53, rcfox and Richard,

Thank you all for your prompt reply's to my question and I greatly appreciate your direct answer Richard, first class service as alway!

I received my Powerbox Core June 17, 2021 and since I have no stick switches now it know why there is no opening!

I’m just wondering should there be any concerns about some pressure being applied to the touchscreen while it’s in the case?