Pioneer with (2) SPM4651T and JR12X only channels 1-7 work

• I have a new Pioneer that has (2) SPM4651Ts connected via SRXL2. I am using a JR12X transmitter. LIFE airborne battery. I bound both receivers to the 12X...no problems. Problem is, only channels 1-7 will drive a servo. Channels 8-12 do not respond to transmitter commands. I have verified proper transmitter operation with another Spektrum 12ch receiver. I have swapped the receiver and battery inputs with no change in operation. The Pioneer had version 3 installed when I got it. I updated the firmware to version 1. Is what I am trying to do going to work? Do I have a configuration problem?

Thanks, Bryan

• Hello,

is there different binding options in this radio? The issue is there are different channel modes from this satellites - depending on what radio you bind. For example all Spektrum radios have a "DX18 compatibility" mode to be comnpatible with all receivers. As the JR12X is a older radio I guess it doesn´t have that.

• I am back to trying to troubleshoot this issue. I set up an arduino Mega2560 running SRXL2_20_Watchdog_18_3. I have verified that the SPM4651T is receiving all 12 channels from my JR 12X and sending all 12 channels on the serial line. Is the Pioneer not able to decode this particular serial stream? love my 12X and would really like to make this work. Is there a firmware update coming that might address this issue?

Thanks, Bryan

• Hello,

I´m sorry - I cannot make a firmware update as we don´t have that radio here. Also it´s not something done in some minutes, so the question for us is: does it make sense to implement a radio which is discontinued for 5-6 years and working with a discontinued technology.

From my understanding it is a strange behavior as the bus output of the satellites should be identical, independent of what radio is used. The Pioneer works with all Spektrum radios, down to the 6ch radios