SparkSwitch Pro + Rainbowtronic Zündung + Moki 250

• Hallo, eine kuriose Story, seit geraumer Zeit habe ich an meinem 180er Moki mit Rainbowtronic 150/180 Zündung ein SparjSwitch Pro als E/A Schalter, arbeitet tadellos. Alle Telemetrie-Werte der Zündung werden angezeigt ,außer der Drehzahl welche nur zur Hälfte angezeigt wird. Das Problem ist bekannt und soll in Zukunft durch ein SW Update behoben werden. Weil ich so zufrieden mit dem Schalter bin, kaufte ich für den 250er Moki, mit Rainbowtronic-250 Zündung, einen 2. SparkSwitch Pro. Am 250er will der Schalter leider nicht arbeiten. Meine Frage an das Forum : Gibt es noch Anwender mit diesem Problem?

Der 2.Schalter arbeitet mit der 180er Zündung ohne Probleme, Danke für eure Infos.

• Hallo Richard, ich besitze 2 SparkSwitchPro,

1. an Moki 180 mit Rainbowtronic Zündung. Jeti eingestellt, ungeregelte Spannung.3s Lipo Die Drehzahl wird zur Hälfte angezeigt, ist ja bekannt. SSP arbeitet tadellos.

2. SSP mit Moki 250 + Rainbowtronic , identisch mit 180er Zündung außer Software für 250er Moki. SSP Jeti ungeregelte Spannung,3S Lipo.

Schalte Zündung ein, LED vom SSP beginnt nach 2-3 Sekunden an mit Flackern, Kühlkörper wird heiß, kein Funke aus der Zündung. Controll-Led der Zündung blinkt nicht.

Wechsle den 2.SSP ins Modell mit dem 180er Moki, das selbe Verhalten.

1.SSP mit 250er Zündung auch dieses Verhalten.

Habe den Hersteller der Zündung gefragt, dessen Aussage :" liegt nicht an der Zündung."

Mit Zündschalter von SM Modellbau oder Rainbowtronic alles ok. Natürlich auch ohne einen Schalter funken beide Zündungen.

Virtuelle Modelle im Sender erstellt, verschiedene Empfänger + Kabel+ Accus.

Beide SSP schalten die 180 er Zündung, keiner die 250er.

• Hello!

It is, in fact, very interesting, but also very disturbing. I just now purchased the Rainbow tronic ignition for my Moki 250. Moreover, looking at this section, this is not the first case, when the Sparkswitch does not work and goes hot with this particular ignition and engine. Has anybody any idea what to do?

Moreover, looking at the manual to the ignition, I am not sure, how even connect the tacho output to the Sparkswitch Pro. Any idea? With the recommended resistor? Which wire of the tacho output to which pin of the Sparkswitch? I attach the ignition manual.

Last but not least, if the Sparkswitch will not work, has anybody any idea, how to use the tacho output with the Futaba receivers and telemetry?

And the question to the PowerBox company, any info when the new RPM pick up sensor will be available?

Jiri

• Hello,

if the ignition has a tacho output you should easily connect the tacho signal to the SSPRO output - the third wire is signal input, the other two power output.

You don´t need a resistor - it´s inside the ignition

• I'm also experiencing the SSPro over heat and flashing light condition. Set up:

- Moki S250

- SparkSwitch Pro set to unregulated P2Bus channel 12

- PowerPak 2.5x3 Pro

- RainbowTronic

- Royal SRS

- CORE channel 12 end points set to 0 - 100

- CORE SSPRo voltage telemetry widget shows 12.1v

When I power Royal on, SSPro LED blinks and gets very warm. Any ideas to make this work?

Is DigiSwitch a better option?

• Hello,

the LED is directly connected to the output - not controller activated. So if it blinks the power shuts on and off due to overcurrent or overheating. Both protections are inside

Something is wrong with the wiring or the ignition!

• Decided on a different approach for Moki ignition with RPM telemetry. Convinced the 3S LiPo is the source of the conflict (SSPro works fine with 2S) I switched to rainbow-tronic DZS_2 digital ignition switch assigned to CORE switch. Connecting RPM Tach output to Jeti MPRM Hall and Smoke EL Telebridge over P2Bus to CORE. Haven’t sorted how to get voltage or capacity of PowerPak 2.5x3 ignition power source, but Moki RPM on CORE via this setup.

-—————————-

From the rainbow-tronic web site - https://rainbow-tronic.de/en/telemetry.html

The following table shows the assignment of the 2 wires (blue and gray) for the telemetry systems of different suppliers.

Please note, we can not supply the information of all systems in the market, especially when we need the support of the manufacturer of the radio systems.

This table will be extended frequently, as soon as we receive proven information or tested configurations.

configurations.

ManufacturerModule / modulesAssignmentSpecial features / comments
    JetiMRPM HallBLUE / BLUE => minus

GRAY / GRAY => signal
    Plug and play