Question related to sorting lists or items within menus - example: function list or voice list

• Hello,

What logic is being used to sort the function list? It is not alphabetical by name or by channel. Initially, I thought it was based on when the items were added, or by age/last modified, but then I added a new function and it was inserted into the middle of the list. I can't determine what logic is being used.

I'm a bit of a control freak and I usually keep a strict order. Being able to sort the list would be very helpful. Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

• I tried it and it is not as You described, Richard

i added three new functions z1, z2, z3, only definition of the names

Then they are at the end of the list

Then I added a servo in function 2

From now on all functions z1 to z3 are destroyed over the function list and I allways have a look to find them. No one stayed at the end of the list.

This new order is fixed - I think until I create a new additional function

So it is helpful, to sort the list, at least let the new one stay at the end

or better You can sort for alphabetical order

• cespedes

Changed the title of the thread from “Quetion related to sorting lists or items within menus - example: function list or voice list” to “Question related to sorting lists or items within menus - example: function list or voice list”.
  • Hello Richard,

Thank you for the reply. I think I may have deleted and then re-added functions, and that may be why it was inserted back higher into the list. But i did not use the exact same name, so it does not appear to be driven by the function name when it is re-added. Is it that a index is being used for the list? And when a function is deleted that spot/index is now empty or vacant, then the next addition reuses the spot/index? I'm sorry if that seems unclear, just trying to understand the logic so I can work with it.

If the potential exists of getting the ability to sort these lists in the future, it would very nice! Or possibly editing the list/structure offline by exporting the config onto a laptop would be ok too. lmk.