Mercury and GPS2

• Richard,

Flew the model at the weekend and it all went well. Only issue is I'm seeing no data from the telemetry. My teleconverter is registered in the tx, all latest software etc. Someone mentioned there was an update for the GPS2. I've just done that (even though I think it had the latest version already). Whilst in the Powerbox terminal I noticed that the GPS2 was set for M-link, so I changed that to sbus2. I've now got two issues.

1) Should I be setting this to Sbus2 even though the GPS2 is connected to the Powerbox?

2) I've tried to go back in to the Powerbox terminal (not changed anything in the connections), but it just keeps telling me there is no powerbox device connected?

I'm now stuck and not really sure what is going on.

Regards,

Simon

• Richard,

Apologies, I read your post on the FAQ and didn't notice that it will take longer for the GPS2 to be ready for the terminal if set to sbus2, so that is all good and I've been able to check the setting.

Could I please ask you to confirm what setting the GPS2 should be set to work with my Mercury and Futaba. The GPS2 is connected to the Powerbox, I then have the Teleconverter connected to both the Powerbox and the sbus2 port on my primary receiver. I can see that the tx is receiving the telemetry signal, but at the weekend no data was being seen on the tx.

Will leave the GPS2 set to sbus2 and await your advice. A lot of people were having a good look at the Mercury in my model at the weekend, I think you have a winner on your hands there !!. I had 5 flights but only the last 3 were with the gyro activated. We had a strong crosswind and the model flew like it was on rails even though I'm sure the set up still needs more work.

Regards,
    Simon

• Richard,

Thank you again. Not sure why it was set to M-link as it came with the Mercury, but would explain why I was not getting any data. Does that mean it wouldn't have been doing its job for the gyro either when I was flying?

Will change tonight.

Regards,

Simon

• Just to check, is the "Royal" setting the same as "M-Link" ?? (just looking at the photo from the set up thread, I can't see an option for Royal in the telemetry options?)

Simon

• Richard,

Just changed the settings on the GPS2, and the option for RoyalSRS was there this time, so selected that and fitted back into my model. I'm now seeing the telemetry on my 18mz which was not there before.

I assume that as my GPS2 was not set correctly it would not have been regulating the gyro during flight, so I will have to go back and adjust that once I have the model back in the air?

Could you please confirm that I now have the correct setting for the GPS2 and my Mercury.

Again, thank you for your advice and quick responses. I feel like I've just gone through a very steep learning curve!!

Regards,

Simon

• Richard,

Just to clarify then, do I need to change it again to "igyro" or can I now leave it set to "Royal SRS". I was getting no telemetry with the settings it arrived with (new in the box set to M-link), but obviously now telemetry such as altitude and distance is working perfectly (I can't check speed till I fly again).

Sorry for keep coming back, but I need to get this right.

Regards,

Simon