Power Box Compition

• This is my first experience with a Power Box and it would be nice if a wiring diagram were furnished showing where to plug in the various receiver channels for both receivers and where to plug in the servos. I also noted that I need a special battery connection plug that I am assuming is available at Aircraft International. I wish I would have known that when I just purchased the Competition Power box.

My goal is to connect two Futaba either 608FS or 6008HS receivers to the Competition Power box and then connect my servos to the power box. I understand that the Receivers get their power from and through the Power Box. This, I understand will give me redundant receiver capability. I need to know (a diagram would be wonderful) where to plug my receiver channels 1-6 for each receiver and where to plug in the servos for channel 1-6. I assume use of any additional channels can hook directly to either receiver.

Can anyone help me with this? I have to understand the basic hookup before I can even begin to get into the programming applications.
    Thanks for any help here.
    Regards,
    Bill

• Hello Bill,

for a receiver redundancy you need a PowerBox Competition SRS. With this you can connect two R6303SB receivers (with S-BUS output) to the PowerBox and all servos to the PowerBox.

The PowerBox Competition has similar function but not a receiver redundancy. The connections to the Competition are easy: The cannel from the receiver connected to A of the PowerBox leads to the A output for the servos.
    A wiring diagram is not a help in that case: it´s just connected one by one. It doesn´t matter if you connect ailerons to A or C... or Elevator to A or B

• Then Richard, I have a problem because I specifically asked, before purchasing the Competition Power Box, if it was compatible with two Futaba receivers that were not S-Bus, and if it had the capability to run two parallel receivers, giving me the redundancy that I was looking for. I was told it did. Without that capability, I do not want the Competition Power Box, just to be able to program servos and have two regulated power inputs. That is not the purpose for which I purchased the Box.
    I will talk to Gerhard at Aircraft International and hope that he will allow me to return the unit. I do not want to move up to the SRS because I have no intention of going to S-Box receivers. Needless to say, I am very disappointed that this misunderstanding occurred; however, I do understand that mistakes do happen. I hope this can be resolved easily.

• Hello,
    Yes I think this was a missunderstanding. If you want a two receiver system there is no other way than S.Bus receivers. It's only from receiver to PowerBox, from there it's a normal wiring with normal servos.
    With your Powerbox you only can split the model in left and right plane which is not 100% redundancy.

• Hello,

yes- RRS box would do that- but not with your receivers. You need one channel for the Failsafe signal to say the RRS to switch over or not. I´m not sure if your receivers can do that, and if you have enough channels (8-1 = 7)
    The SRS was introduce to make things easier - plug´n play. Maybe you think about another usage of your existing receivers and you spend 2x R6303SB to get a perfect system.

• ON POWERBOX COMPETITION (NOT SRS VERSION) CAN I CONNECT CHANNEL 2 FROM THE RECIEVER WHICH IS ELEVATOR TO INPUT A OF POWERBOX THEN ON OUTPUT A I PLUG 2 ELEVATOR SEVOS.ALSO CAN I USE OUTPUT 1 FOR AILERONS,TRANSMITTER I HAVE T7C FUTABA AND RECIEVER R617FS.THANKS FOR HELP.NEW TO POWERBOXES NEVER USED ONE.

• Hello,

you can use any input for any function... nothing is limited here.

Can you please try another receiver output to this input of the PowerBox? Just to see if nothing is wrong?