Receiver options when changing from Futaba 18MZ to CORE.

• Richard,

I am considering the change from Futaba to CORE. With all my turbine models I will use the PBR26 into my existing PowerBox installations (which may be, Competition SRS, Royale SRS or Mercury SRS). BUT, what receiver(s) should I use in the many other models I have that have between 10 and 18 channels?? with no other power or channel extention systems? I really don't want to change all those models to now include an additional power/channel distribution/expansion system. Many of these models have been flying with a single receiver and single battery for more than 10 years already.

Regards,

JanR

• Hello,

the Software version of the radio and Receivers which is released next week allows you to give an channel offset to the receiver. Also the data output can be a PWM output. For example one PBR9 + PBR7 gives you 18 channels in sum.

• Hello Richard

Will it be possible to combine a PB8R with PB9R on channel 9-17?

So I can use the 8channel receiver and have the telemetry on the 9channel receiver

A second question: when will the 10th channel be useable with the 9channel receiver?

Thx Tk7

• Hello,

the PBR7 will have 8channels and the PBR9 will have 0 channels next week. Further more you can shift the channels to an offset. For example one PBR7 starts at 1 the other one at 9. So yes- you will have 16 channels.

But remember: the PBR7S has only one RF part/one antenna!

• How can I do this channel shift?

I updated the transmitter, but I'm not able to update receiver (PBR-9D). For some reason PB-terminal does not see the usb-adabter.

Can this shift be done, without receiver update?

Cheers --- Ari

• Hello,

the PBR7 will have 8channels and the PBR9 will have 0 channels next week. Further more you can shift the channels to an offset. For example one PBR7 starts at 1 the other one at 9. So yes- you will have 16 channels.

But remember: the PBR7S has only one RF part/one antenna!

Richard,

So even if I link two PBR 7 channel receivers together, I only have a single receiver, not dual?

JanR

• Hello,

if you link two receivers you can use them as inout in a PowerBox to make it redundant. Or you can use them to extend the channels: RX1 1-7, RX2 8-14

If you want a dual receiver: The PBR9D and PBR26D has a true redundancy already inside!

• Richard,

Thank you for clearing that up. My reason for checking is because I have 11 models in which I need more than 11, but less than 15 channels. I currently don't use a Powerbox unit in any of these (only dual batteries with a Gemini switch), but have only one dual receiver. So it may not be worth changing these models to the CORE if I cannot retain true redundancy with only a 5 plus 7 or 7 plus 7 receiver setup.

Regards,

JanR

• Hello,

you can make it redundant with a PBR-9D and a PBR-5S. If you connect the servos or functions which are not so important to the 5S

Alternativ there is the PowerExpander which gives 18channel from two receivers or the new Pioneer, but I understand that´s a little more to change in the models

• Richard,

Thank you, I thought that would be the options. I have a model with a PowerExpander and two dual receivers at the moment - if I connect two 5 channel receivers, will I have redundancy or not?

Is PowerBox planning to release a receiver with more channels than the PBR-9 into which servos can be plugged into?

Regards,

JanR

• JanR, I think a 7 channel, dual receiver x 2 would give more than 2 x 5 channel receivers. Just my thought looking at it, 2 x dual receivers gives lots more redundancy for not much more, still single wire from each.

mike.

• Hello,

the PBR5 and PBR-7 have identical RF-Hardware. Only the PBR-9D and PBR-26D are dual receivers.

But yes: two PBR-5S with a PowerExpander make a redundant system. As Mike stated: the PBR-26 are not so much more!

• JanR, I think a 7 channel, dual receiver x 2 would give more than 2 x 5 channel receivers. Just my thought looking at it, 2 x dual receivers gives lots more redundancy for not much more, still single wire from each.

mike.

Mike,

Please explain what you mean by a dual 7 channel receiver - the PBR -7 is not dual as far as I know.

JanR

• Hello,

the PBR5 and PBR-7 have identical RF-Hardware. Only the PBR-9D and PBR-26D are dual receivers.

But yes: two PBR-5S with a PowerExpander make a redundant system. As Mike stated: the PBR-26 are not so much more!

Richard,

Good to know that 2 x PBR- 5 or 2 x PBR-7 will give me redundancy when used with the PowerExpander.

I'll ask again; is PowerBox considering the release of a receiver with more than 10 channels into which servos can be plugged into?

JanR