Sparkswitch Pro / Mercury SRS / DA120

• Hi Team,

I would like to connect my Sparkswitch Pro, DA120 ignition, PowerPack 2.5x2 Pro, Mercury SRS, RPM pick up all together for a Futaba system.

So if I understand from the forum and manual, please confirm if ok:

- the ignition wire and the rpm pick up wire go to the ignition socket with a Y lead. I set 5.9V outpout for the DA120 ignition module.

- the Power pack wire goes to the battery socket. Do you recommend to add a switch instead of plugging / unplugging ? Any other recommendation like "safety distance" ?

- A mercury srs socket (any ?) is connected to the Sparkswitch receiver socket ?

- the Futaba receiver SBUS socket is connected to the Sparkswitch Telemetry and data socket, in order to read the RPM. If I add the temp sensor, I will also read the temp.

Is this correct ?

thanks

• Hello,

1. the ignition wire and RPM pickup are connected with Y-harness to the ignition output of the SparkSwitch: Ignitions without Tacho output - Zündungen ohne Tachoausgang
    2. You don´t have to connect/disconnect the battery: if the SparkSwitch is off - it takes only some µA from the battery.
    3. The Tele socket from SparkSwitch is connected direct to the S.BUS2 input from the receiver. For servo date + telemetry. Einstellen des SparkSwitch PRO auf Futaba
    4. see 3.
  • There must be a connection to the receiver (or to Your Mercury) for the switch-function "ignition on/off". This connection is independent from telemetric data. Just like a servo-connection.

Tom

• Ok, a slight confusion to clear

you said:

But you need a teleconverter from the Mercury to the receiver S:BUS2 for telemetry

i thought that having the Sparkswitch connected directly to the sbus port of the futaba receiver was actually passing the data.

For what purpose I need a teleconverter between the mercury and sbus2 receiver ?

because I have 2 futaba receivers, connected to the mercury via the sbus ports so I have not port left or I am missing something?

thanks

• Hi Richard !

So I did the connections as suggested. I used a Y wire to be able to have the Sparkswitch Pro "Tele" and Mercury "RX" wires to my Futaba SBUS2 port.

I cannot run the engine yet so I cannot tell about the rpm, so I plugged the Temp sensor to test, and yes it works.

However I cannot tell if I am turning the ignition output on/off as the LED never turns red.

I set up the Sparkswitch in the PB Mobile Terminal, to Sbus and default channel 12. This might be the cause, since I use 2 RX Futaba R7003SB with only 4 ports (3 ports + 1 SBUS port), I am told that I have only 8 channels so if the Spark is on channel 12, it wont work. Is this correct ?

• Could you please clarify:

Take care your channels starts in the middle, not endpoint

I assigned a knob switch (RD) to channel 12 on my Futaba T18SZ to prevent wrong manipulation.

No change to default settings for this switch.

• Ok so I realized a very little click coming from ignition when I was turning my knob switch. I took a spare led light and plugged it the exact same way to the Sparkswitch, and the light came ! So the led I got with this Sparkswitch has simply inverted wires, that s all, I just plugged it the other way....

• Hi Richard,

I realized that my Mercury RX ports were connected to my 2 RX (7003SB) SBUS2 port. However it says to connect to the PORT 1 (SBUS).

- is there a problem with this ? what can happen ? my controls work on the ground.

I actually did an engine run, ignition works but no RPM reading on T18SZ from the RPM Pickup. Ignition and Mercury port are on Y lead on SBUS2. Maybe if I now allocate SBUS port to RX mercury and SBUS2 to Sparkswitch Pro (no more Y lead) it could work...?

thanks

Nic

• Hi Richard

I would need help to make sure I got the temperature and rpm reading from the sparkswitchpro and my teleconverter set up is correct.

1) i have Curr 1678 on slot 1 and seems ok, with mercury I will only get the voltage but no current and capacity ?

See pic

Do I need to “read” the other sensors like temp (although it is just a simple wire) and the RPM pick up ?

2) then I want to put temp on slot 4 but no reading. The sensor is plugged to the Temp slot on the sparkswitch.
    see pic

How is called the RPM pick up sensor ? Just rpm ?

3) for my teleconverter I used a y lead to rx sbus2 for teleconverter and Sparkswitch (same rx).
    First attempt with Y lead from PB and nothing, cannot turn on ignition. The I changed to another Y lead and it is working + data. All set to RX1.
    i start again and no more data...

i moved everything to RX2 and it worked. I turned off/on several times, and still works. Data and can turn on ignition.
    why can be the cause ?